Things to do in Sendai-shi
Top Tourist Attractions in Sendai-shi
Must see places in Sendai-shi ranked on popularity. Here is the complete list of best attractions in Sendai-shi and point of interests to visit.
- #1 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Aoba Castle Added 1134 times in Trip Plans
- #2 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Jozenji-dori Avenue Added 1146 times in Trip Plans
- #3 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Zuihoden Mausoleum Added 923 times in Trip Plans
- #4 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Nikka Whisky Sendai Factory Miyagikyo Distillery Added 536 times in Trip Plans
- #5 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Aoba-dori Ichibancho Avenue Added 1043 times in Trip Plans
- #6 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Osaki Hachiman Shrine Added 1227 times in Trip Plans
- #7 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Sendai Mediatheque Added 995 times in Trip Plans
- #8 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Akiu Great Falls Added 704 times in Trip Plans
- #9 of 30 Things To Do in Sendai-shi Sendai City Museum Added 904 times in Trip Plans
Find Your Sendai-shi Attractions on Map
Types of Things To Do in Sendai-shi
Find more attractions and places to visit in Sendai-shi under these things to do categories.
Best Places to Go and to Do in Sendai-Shi
Sendai's tourist appeal is based mainly around historical heritage, the many parks, and a handful of beautiful attractions just outside the city. They call it the City of Trees, and it's easy to see why – the city seems to have a love affair with zelkova, gingko and cherry trees, each of which are spectacularly beautiful.
The Date samurai clan, and especially Masumune (the samurai who helped found the city), is highly revered here. Weirdly enough, the city’s main attraction, which was the clan’s castle, is an empty lot – it’s where the castle USED to be before it was destroyed. Today, the closest you can get to sightseethe founders is at the Zuiho Temple Shrine, where Masumune and other important clan members are interred. Other than the many shrines, historic appeal is confined to museums such as Sendai City Museum of History and Folklore and the Sendai City Museum.
Of green spaces, there are many. The city's favourite such attraction is the Jozenji-dori Avenue, an elegant boulevard of zelkova trees. See the lovely wooded area around the old castle place. Many of the parks are on hilly areas, which brings us to the next attraction type - the lookouts. Sendai has so many excellent and atmospheric viewpoints that not bringing carrying your camera everywhere would be silly. Check the AER Lookout Terrace, Miyagikencho Outlook Hall, the gazebo at AtagoJinja Shrine and of course, the castle area itself.-e is active, it's not really outstanding. The Mediatheque is quite an architectural achievement.
Explore the travel planning tool for your visit to Sendai-shi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
What To Do in Sendai-shi: Day-Wise Ideas
Find what not to miss in Sendai-shi! Recommended Sendai-shi itineraries and vacation ideas created by travelers across the world.
- Things To Do in Nearby Cities
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Kobe
- Things to do in Himeji
- Things to do in Nagaoka
- Things to do in Takayama
- Things to do in Chiba
- More Places on TripHobo to visit
- Things to do in Nara
- Things to do in Hiroshima
- Things to do in Nagoya-shi
- Things to do in Narita
- Things to do in Kanazawa-shi
- Things to do in Nikko
- Things to do in Hakone
- Things to do in Sapporo-shi
- Things to do in Akita
- Things to do in Fukuoka-shi