This is a special museum for Sendai. Almost 2000 years ago, back in the paleolithic period, a community of humans must have formed here, for they have left behind significant signs and artefacts from their lives. The museum preserves and showcases these exhibits in beautiful glass display cases. The museum is a site of research as much as it is a tourist attraction. And though there is little enough interest for the foreigner here, for locals, it's one of the things you just have to tick off the bucket list.
Entrance Ticket Details For Underground Forest Museum
- 320 yen for groups of 30+
- High school students: 200 yen (160 for those in groups)
- Elementary and junior school students: 100 yen (80 yen for those in groups)
Underground Forest Museum Hours
- Last admission at 4:15pm.
How to Reach Underground Forest Museum
- Namboku Line stop Nagamachiminami Station.
- Buses 40 · B40, 40 · N40, 40 Length municipal ~ KEIWA-cho], 48 Length municipal ~ Tohoku Institute of Technology], 58 [animal park Station ~ Nagamachi Station], 60/45, N45 / N60, N60 · Z60, X610 · K610, X610 · S610 stop Izumizakichome north (bus).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sendai-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sendai-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.23% of people who visit Sendai-shi include Underground Forest Museum in their plan
50% of people start their Underground Forest Museum visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Underground Forest Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Underground Forest Museum
People normally also visit Miyagikencho Outlook Hall while planning their trip to Underground Forest Museum.