A must see for everyone who visits Singapore, Sentosa Island is just 500 meters off the coast of Singapore. Rebranded as a popular tourist destination in its own right, Sentosa serves as a getaway even for the residents of Singapore. Sentosa derived its name from a Sanskrit word called “Santosha” meaning ‘peace and tranquility’.
The popular island resort sees a battalion of tourist each year. The mesmerizing island has a chunk of entertainment to explore and enjoy. Mountainous adventure would include Singapore cable car, tiger sky tower and more, whereas water activities would be a compilation of water parks, wave house, Underwater World Singapore & Dolphin Lagoon, beach clubs and more. There is so much to this island that you probably would consider settling down here in order to transform life into a 365 day holiday.
What makes your holiday more convenient is that you can explore everything quite easily as you have all the attractions just around the corner. A trip to Sentosa Island with family or friends would actually be fruitful as you’re bound to enjoy here irrespective of the company. The island has something for everyone that comes its way. It’s more like aqua thrills and adventure together on a gorgeous piece of land. The island is flooded with hotels and restaurants as well to keep its visitors comfortable and satisfied.
Dubbed as Asia’s playground, Sentosa has something for everyone. Right from Universal Studios to the historical forts or the Dolphin Lagoon whether you’re a family with children, on a trip with friends or just flying solo, Sentosa will not disappoint. On a visit to Singapore, even if a short trip, the Sentosa Islands is something one must explore. So, turn your Singapore trip into a one filled with thrills, adventure and extreme entertainment, visit Sentosa this time. Each one of you should visit Sentosa at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Sentosa.
Essential travel information and Sentosa tips for your visit
- Sentosa is one of the safest places on the planet. The crime rates are always on a down-low and it’s safe for even women to travel alone.
- However, exercise the regular amount of caution; keep an eye on your belongings; don’t carry anything flashy; carry just enough money for that day of sight-seeing.
- Singapore is known for being a stickler for cleanliness especially in public areas and this appied to Sentosa as well. Be very careful and read the sign boards and warnings put up to know what you shouldn’t do. The fines for breaking a law are rather hefty.
- Check with the country’s weather before you leave. Singapore very often receives flooding, hurricanes, tsunami warnings etc.
Time Zone: UTC+08:00
Currency: Singapore dollar
Electricity: The standard voltage in Singapore is 220V/240V, 50 Hz. Wi-Fi is available in the city.
Languages: There are four official languages in Singapore they include: Malay, Tamil, Mandarin, and English. English is the most spoken language in the city.
- Ambulance: 995
- Fire: 995
- Police (Main number for Emergency Services): 999
- Singapore General Hospital: +656222 3322
Off-beaten Path: Visit Lazarus Island or go see the countryside of the city.
Tipping: Tipping is appreciated but optional.
Tourist Traps: Singapore is pretty safe a city to explore. Tourists are well looked after.
Customs: The city follows a few do’s and don’ts as customs. The following should be avoided to safe yourself of fine;
- Chewing Gum
- Jay Walking
- Dancing On Counters Or Tables At A Bar
- Smoking Indoors
- Drinking And Driving
- Public Drunkenness
- Taking Drugs
Sentosa Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Sentosa. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Sentosa trip planner.