Bongeunsa TempleCurrently Open
- Address: 531 Bongeunsa-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +82-232184800
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Bongeunsa Temple - Review
The first thing you notice at this beautiful temple is the juxtaposition of the shady temple premises with the concrete surroundings. Built in 794 AD, what was originally christened as Gyeonseongsa Temple was later renamed on Queen Jeonghyeon’s insistence to Bongeunsa. There are about 3400 Buddhist scriptures stored here, alongside the works of Kim Jeong-hee. The gorgeous lattice doors instantly catch your eyes as does the Buddhist symbols that surround them. Nearby, you will also find the funeral hall and the 23 meter high statue of Maitreya. On Wednesdays, you will be able to partake in the English templelife program conducted by monk volunteers. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seoul Itinerary 5 Days.
Bongeunsa Temple Information
- Don’t forget to see Goryeo Cheongdongrueunhyangno, the bronze incense stick burner that is designated as national treasure.
Bongeunsa Temple Ticket Prices
- Parking free for first thirty minutes.
How To reach Bongeunsa Temple by Public Transport
- Nearest subway: Samseong
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bongeunsa Temple
95% of people who visit Seoul include Bongeunsa Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
32.82% of people start their Bongeunsa Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bongeunsa Temple
58.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bongeunsa Temple
Bongeunsa Temple Map
Bongeunsa Temple Trips
Bongeunsa Temple, Seoul Reviews
All QuestionsBongeunsa temple
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Chapel Eleele
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames