Changdeokgung Palace, Seoul
About Changdeokgung Palace, Seoul
Changdeokgung Palace, Seoul - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 99 Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Ticket Price: 3000 KRW
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 69.6K times in trip plans
Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1405, this palace has been the principal residence off many kings from the Joseon dynasty. The marriage of nature and architecture is a stunning sight at this palace. Many of the buildings here are hand painted. This palace was once burned down in 1592 when an angry mob vented its frustration over the absconding king during the Japanese invasion. Perhaps the most well known part of this palace is the Huwon or secret garden that was built during the reign of King Taejong. It is surrounded by gorgeous trees and fountains and is absolutely heavenly in all seasons, especially autumn.
The palace was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage in 1997 and since then its popularity has only soared. Wear comfortable shoes as visiting this palace involves a lot of exploring!
Changdeokgung Palace Information
- Online or on-site reservations (on a first-come, first served basis) are required for the Huwon Tour (Secret Garden area).
Changdeokgung Palace Ticket Prices
- Adults (ages 25-64): 3,000 won / Group (over 10): 2,400 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 24 and under): Free
Huwon Tour (Secret Garden)
- Adults (ages 19 and over): 5,000 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 7-18): 2,500 won
- To participate in the Huwon tour, both regular admission (3,000 won) and admission to Huwon (5,000 won) must be purchased.
- Seniors are required to purchase tickets to enter Huwon.
- The following people may enter free of charge: Children (age 6 & below), people with disabilities.
- Adults (ages 19-64): Regular 3,000 won / Huwon 5,000 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 18 and under): Regular 1,500 won / Huwon 2,500 won
- Group (over 10): 20% discount offered for regular tickets only.
- Integrated admission is also available and may be purchased separately.
Changdeokgung Palace Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission: 1 hour before closing.
- Huwon Course (Guided Tour only)
How To reach Changdeokgung Palace by Public Transport
- Nearest Subway: Anguk
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Changdeokgung Palace, Seoul Reviews - Write a Review
Nice palace to visit. There's a rental sound guiding system where you can listen to explanation in English by select each section number according to the given map, very advance guiding system. However, there are 2 areas in this palace which the ticket sold separately i.e. general palace and secret garden. We didn't have enough time to try the secret garden, but the ticket is a bit more expensive, so expect it to be beautiful. Next time we will definitely try. By the way, toilet is like a luxury hotel's lounge!
Changdeokgung and the surrounding secret garden is arguably the prettiest must see destination of Seoul. I visited the palace twice, since we joined the Changdeokgung Moonlight Tour. The tour is absolutely worth the price, highly recommended! However, the Moonlight Tour requires advance registration (they accept only 100 guests each night) so it may not be available on a short notice.
Nice palace to visit. It was my first time visiting Changdeokgung palace. Palace is quite big. Ticket price is ok, not too expensive . The place is clean and well maintained. You will be able to learn a lot about history of the palace, garden and Korea ! Wonderful place !
The secret garden is quite beautiful. Palace is quite big and has quite a lot of different places to see. Ticket price is ok, not too expensive. Enjoyed my visit there.
Wonderful guided tour for the palace which lasted for one hour. The guide spoke excellent English with a Canadian accent. Another 1.5 hour guided tour for the secret garden was also amazing. It took some energy to walk uphill and downhill in the secret garden. You could choose not to go uphill and wait for the group to come back and go to other points of interests with the group. If you go on a sunny day in summer, it would be best to take the sunhat and sunglasses with a bottle of water. There are two stores that sells bottles of cold drinks such as water, tea, soft drinks and coffee.
- Nearby Attractions
- Lotte Mall Eunpyeong
- Tavolo 24
- 24 Guesthouse
- Namsan City Hotel
- Hostel Korea
- Dos Tacos
- Hotel 28 Myeongdong
- Seoul Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Seoul
- What to See in 48 Hours in Seoul
- What to See in 72 Hours in Seoul
- How to Spend 5 Days in Seoul
- How to Spend 6 Days in Seoul
- How to Spend 7 Days in Seoul