Changdeokgung Palace9333 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 99 Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27628261
- Ticket Price: 3000 KRW
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Built in 1405, this palace has been the principal residence off many kings from the Joseon dynasty. The marriage of nature and architecture is a stunning sight at this palace. Many of the buildings here are hand painted. This palace was once burned down in 1592 when an angry mob vented its frustration over the absconding king during the Japanese invasion. Perhaps the most well known part of this palace is the Huwon or secret garden that was built during the reign of King Taejong. It is surrounded by gorgeous trees and fountains and is absolutely heavenly in all seasons, especially autumn.
The palace was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage in 1997 and since then its popularity has only soared. Wear comfortable shoes as visiting this palace involves a lot of exploring! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seoul Itinerary 5 Days.
Changdeokgung Palace Travel Tips
- Online or on-site reservations (on a first-come, first served basis) are required for the Huwon Tour (Secret Garden area).
Entrance Ticket Details For Changdeokgung Palace
- Adults (ages 25-64): 3,000 won / Group (over 10): 2,400 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 24 and under): Free
Huwon Tour (Secret Garden)
- Adults (ages 19 and over): 5,000 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 7-18): 2,500 won
- To participate in the Huwon tour, both regular admission (3,000 won) and admission to Huwon (5,000 won) must be purchased.
- Seniors are required to purchase tickets to enter Huwon.
- The following people may enter free of charge: Children (age 6 & below), people with disabilities.
- Adults (ages 19-64): Regular 3,000 won / Huwon 5,000 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 18 and under): Regular 1,500 won / Huwon 2,500 won
- Group (over 10): 20% discount offered for regular tickets only.
- Integrated admission is also available and may be purchased separately.
Changdeokgung Palace Hours
- Last admission: 1 hour before closing.
- Huwon Course (Guided Tour only)
How to Reach Changdeokgung Palace
- Nearest Subway: Anguk
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.7% of people who visit Seoul include Changdeokgung Palace in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
60.85% of people start their Changdeokgung Palace visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Changdeokgung Palace
93.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Changdeokgung Palace