Changdeokgung PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: 99 Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27628261
- Ticket Price: 3000 KRW
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Built in 1405, this palace has been the principal residence off many kings from the Joseon dynasty. The marriage of nature and architecture is a stunning sight at this palace. Many of the buildings here are hand painted. This palace was once burned down in 1592 when an angry mob vented its frustration over the absconding king during the Japanese invasion. Perhaps the most well known part of this palace is the Huwon or secret garden that was built during the reign of King Taejong. It is surrounded by gorgeous trees and fountains and is absolutely heavenly in all seasons, especially autumn.
The palace was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage in 1997 and since then its popularity has only soared. Wear comfortable shoes as visiting this palace involves a lot of exploring! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seoul Itinerary 5 Days.
- Online or on-site reservations (on a first-come, first served basis) are required for the Huwon Tour (Secret Garden area).
- Adults (ages 25-64): 3,000 won / Group (over 10): 2,400 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 24 and under): Free
Huwon Tour (Secret Garden)
- Adults (ages 19 and over): 5,000 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 7-18): 2,500 won
- To participate in the Huwon tour, both regular admission (3,000 won) and admission to Huwon (5,000 won) must be purchased.
- Seniors are required to purchase tickets to enter Huwon.
- The following people may enter free of charge: Children (age 6 & below), people with disabilities.
- Adults (ages 19-64): Regular 3,000 won / Huwon 5,000 won
- Children and Teenagers (ages 18 and under): Regular 1,500 won / Huwon 2,500 won
- Group (over 10): 20% discount offered for regular tickets only.
- Integrated admission is also available and may be purchased separately.
- Last admission: 1 hour before closing.
- Huwon Course (Guided Tour only)
- Nearest Subway: Anguk
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Seoul include Changdeokgung Palace in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
60.85% of people start their Changdeokgung Palace visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Changdeokgung Palace
93.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Changdeokgung Palace
Architecturally beautiful and colourful. We didn't get to have as much time to explore as I would have liked but it was still worth it! And if you like taking lots of pictures, it's best to go without the tour and avoid the crowds. Overall really great!
Palace entrance fee was very cheap! Definitely worth the visit. I recommend spending 500won to pick up a booklet if you are not doing a tour/audio guide. The booklet is filled with information on all major buildings in the palace complex, well worth the 500won.
We really enjoyed it and better with a English tour guide from there. The down side is you need to book a reservation 6 days in advance and you can't do it when you are in a different Country + you need a Korean phone for the booking/you need to know someone who is korean and the Korean friend has to be in Korea with a Korean phone. Because my Korean friend who lives in Canada couldn't even do it. They really make it difficult for us to make the reservation. You will pay at the gate when you arrive. The positive is worth to see, it's beautiful, the guide takes you on the journey through out history. The downside you don't get to see inside any of the building or through out any building.
Changdeokgung Palace is well-preserved. I recommend visiting the Secret Garden which is only open to the public via guided tour arranged by the ticket office. Ticket to Secret Garden is sold separately for KRW5000 and you have to buy the ticket 20 minutes before the scheduled tour.
The most beautiful palace I've seen in Seoul ! The secret garden is a must go! In autumn it was colorful and amazing! The place is very peaceful. It's like to walk in a master piece painting.