Deoksugung Palace1334 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 99 Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27719951
- Ticket Price: 1000 KRW
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids
Traditional Korean design interspersed with modern touch, the Deoksugung Palace is quite a unique palace amongst the ‘Five Grand palaces’ of Joseon dynasty. This structure was not originally meant to be a royal residence but as fate and luck would have it, many palaces were heavily damaged during the Imjin War of 1592. This was chosen as a temporary residence for then king Seonjo. But it was during the time of Emperor Gojong that this palace saw its true glory days. The change of guards, an activity not to be missed, starts from the Daehanmun Gate. The Junghwajeon is the main hall of the palace and has been used for stately affairs and coronation of the kings.
Entrance Ticket Details For Deoksugung Palace
- Adults (ages 19 - 64): 1,000 won / Group: 800 won (over 20 people)
- Teenagers (ages 7 - 18): 500 won / Group: 400 won (over 10 people)
- Children (age 6 & below) may enter free of charge.
Deoksugung Palace Hours
- Changing of the Royal Guards Ceremony Schedule: 11:00 am, 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Junghwajeon Hall is open to the public every Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
How to Reach Deoksugung Palace
- Nearest subway: Jeong-Dong
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Deoksugung Palace Address: 99 Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Deoksugung Palace Contact Number: +82-27719951
- Deoksugung Palace Timing: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Deoksugung Palace Price: 1000 KRW
- Time required to visit Deoksugung Palace: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
10.75% of people who visit Seoul include Deoksugung Palace in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their Deoksugung Palace visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Deoksugung Palace
42.86% of people prefer to travel by train while visiting Deoksugung Palace
People normally club together Cheongwadae Or Blue House and Heunginjimun while planning their visit to Deoksugung Palace.