Hongdae AreaCurrently Open
- Address: Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Bar, Art And Culture, Museum, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Club, Dance Club, Disco, Pubs, Restaurant, Entertainment, Leisure, Flea Market, Exhibition
Hongdae Area - Review
This area in the Mapo-gu district in the western fringes of Seoul is a popular tourist destination for the young and happening. This place is a reflection of the international youth culture and is also a ground for exhibition for numerous indie and local popular culture exponents.
There are many different night clubs, discos, bars, cafes and pubs where indie rock bands play their individual brand of Korean rock and roll. Also, there are numerous flea markets in the area that are great for getting many deals and bargains.
This area has been featured in numerous television dramas and serials for Korean TV and is hence quite popular among locals and tourists alike. Also, people can visit this area during ‘Sound day’ or ‘Club Day’ when people can get into clubs and bars at discounted prices.
Hongdae Area Opening and Closing Hours
- Another big draw of Hongdae is the weekend free market from 1:00 pm- 6:00 pm.
How To reach Hongdae Area by Public Transport
- Hongik University Station, Line 2
- Hapjeong Station, Line 2, 6
- Sangsu Station, Line 6
Restaurants Near Hongdae Area
- Le Saint-Ex – French
- NB2 – nightclub
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hongdae Area
66.08% of people who visit Seoul include Hongdae Area in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.53% of people start their Hongdae Area visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Hongdae Area
88.1% of people prefer to travel by train while visiting Hongdae Area
Hongdae Area Map
Hongdae Area Trips
Hongdae Area, Seoul Reviews
All QuestionsHongdae area
- Holland Patent Village Green
- Hickory Hollow Airport-Ny85
- Holland Patent Free Library
- Wethersfield Stone Schoolhouse
- St Leo's Rectory
- Presbyterian Church Of Hp
- First Presbyterian Church
- Off The Beaten Path Media
- John B. Hudson Trail
- Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge
- Jehovah's Witnesses Exeter Congregation
- Simon Lillibridge Farm
- Exeter Chapel
- Exeter Country Club
- Beacon Free Will Baptist Church