Jongmyo ShrineCurrently Closed
- Address: 157 Jong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27650195
- Ticket Price: 1000 KRW
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Unesco Site
Jongmyo Shrine - Review
This very sacred shrine is dedicated to the memorial ceremonies of the royals from the Joseon dynasty. This memorial service called JongmyoJaerye has been designated as UNESCO World Heritage because it is the oldest complete ceremonial service in the world. In the old times, this ceremony was held at the change of seasons and during the twelfth lunar month of the year. Currently, this ceremony is re-enacted on the first Sunday of May. It’s truly a sight to reckon with music and rituals dating back to hundreds of years.
Jongmyo Shrine Information
- Facilities for handicapped available. Wheelchair rental, ramp, restrooms and elevators.
- English guided tours available every 2 hours from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Pets are not allowed.
Jongmyo Shrine Ticket Prices
- Adults (ages 19 and over): 1,000 won
- Youth (ages 7-18): 500 won
Jongmyo Shrine Opening and Closing Hours
- Last Admission 1 hour before closing.
How To reach Jongmyo Shrine by Public Transport
- Nearest subway: At Jongno-gu. Jongno 3- ga
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jongmyo Shrine
86.45% of people who visit Seoul include Jongmyo Shrine in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
43.28% of people start their Jongmyo Shrine visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jongmyo Shrine
91.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jongmyo Shrine
Jongmyo Shrine Map
Jongmyo Shrine Trips
Jongmyo Shrine, Seoul Reviews
All QuestionsJongmyo shrine
- Griffith Memorials
- Uplands Shoe Repairs
- The Garage
- The Grove Gallery
- Dioces Of Swansea & Brecon
- Pantygwydr Baptist Church
- A B Sea School
- St Benedicts R C Church
- Green Baize Snooker Club
- Artists Blank Canvas
- Austin Designs
- St Jude's
- Dylan Thomas Birthplace & Family Home
- Gateway Church Caerphilly