Jongmyo ShrineCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: 157 Jong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27650195
- Ticket Price: 1000 KRW
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Unesco Site
This very sacred shrine is dedicated to the memorial ceremonies of the royals from the Joseon dynasty. This memorial service called JongmyoJaerye has been designated as UNESCO World Heritage because it is the oldest complete ceremonial service in the world. In the old times, this ceremony was held at the change of seasons and during the twelfth lunar month of the year. Currently, this ceremony is re-enacted on the first Sunday of May. It’s truly a sight to reckon with music and rituals dating back to hundreds of years.
- Facilities for handicapped available. Wheelchair rental, ramp, restrooms and elevators.
- English guided tours available every 2 hours from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Adults (ages 19 and over): 1,000 won
- Youth (ages 7-18): 500 won
- Last Admission 1 hour before closing.
- Nearest subway: At Jongno-gu. Jongno 3- ga
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.55% of people who visit Seoul include Jongmyo Shrine in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
41.7% of people start their Jongmyo Shrine visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jongmyo Shrine
92.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jongmyo Shrine