Myeong DongCurrently Closed
- Address: Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Landmark, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Mall, Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
Myeong Dong - Review
As you would have guessed by now, Seoul is all about the shopping and lifestyle. This street in the city is one of the largest tourist draws for shopping and lifestyle products. This is a purely commercial district and is popularly referred to as the ninth most expensive shopping arcade or area in the world.
Under the Jonseon Dynasty, this area was mostly a residential zone and the area became a commercial zone only after the Korean War in the 1960s. Numerous department stores and several international fashion labels can be found in this shopping district, so don’t forget to bring your credit cards and be ready for some heavy spending. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seoul Itinerary 5 Days.
How To reach Myeong Dong by Public Transport
- Station #424, Myeong-dong, Line 4 for southern area and Station #202, Euljiro 1-ga, Line 2 for northern area.
Restaurants Near Myeong Dong
- Maple Tree house – Korean style barbeque
- TAJ - Tase of India (Myeongdong Store) – Indian fine dining
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Myeong Dong
95% of people who visit Seoul include Myeong Dong in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
26.93% of people start their Myeong Dong visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Myeong Dong
56.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Myeong Dong