Myeong Dong, SeoulCurrently Open
- Address: Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Landmark, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Mall, Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
About Myeong Dong, Seoul
As you would have guessed by now, Seoul is all about the shopping and lifestyle. This street in the city is one of the largest tourist draws for shopping and lifestyle products. This is a purely commercial district and is popularly referred to as the ninth most expensive shopping arcade or area in the world.
Under the Jonseon Dynasty, this area was mostly a residential zone and the area became a commercial zone only after the Korean War in the 1960s. Numerous department stores and several international fashion labels can be found in this shopping district, so don’t forget to bring your credit cards and be ready for some heavy spending.
How To reach Myeong Dong by Public Transport
- Station #424, Myeong-dong, Line 4 for southern area and Station #202, Euljiro 1-ga, Line 2 for northern area.
Restaurants Near Myeong Dong
- Maple Tree house – Korean style barbeque
- TAJ - Tase of India (Myeongdong Store) – Indian fine dining
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Myeong Dong, Seoul Reviews
All Questionsmyeong dong
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Seoul
- Ever8 Serviced Residence
- Gahwadang Hanok Tea House
- Miso Guesthouse And Hostel
- Myogaksa Temple Stay
- Deux Amis Patisserie
- Lotte Young Plaza
- Style Nanda Pink Cafe
- Haru & One Day Cafe
- Backpacker Mr Sea
- Line Friends Store - Lotte El Cube Hongdaejeom
- Bbq Olive Chicken Cafe鬼怪炸雞店