Myeong DongCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Myeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27780333
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Streets
As you would have guessed by now, Seoul is all about the shopping and lifestyle. This street in the city is one of the largest tourist draws for shopping and lifestyle products. This is a purely commercial district and is popularly referred to as the ninth most expensive shopping arcade or area in the world.
Under the Jonseon Dynasty, this area was mostly a residential zone and the area became a commercial zone only after the Korean War in the 1960s. Numerous department stores and several international fashion labels can be found in this shopping district, so don’t forget to bring your credit cards and be ready for some heavy spending. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seoul Itinerary 5 Days.
How to Reach Myeong Dong
- Station #424, Myeong-dong, Line 4 for southern area and Station #202, Euljiro 1-ga, Line 2 for northern area.
- Maple Tree house – Korean style barbeque
- TAJ - Tase of India (Myeongdong Store) – Indian fine dining
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Seoul include Myeong Dong in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
32.39% of people start their Myeong Dong visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Myeong Dong
92.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Myeong Dong