Myeongdong Cathedral1542 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 74 Myeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27741784
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
This prominent cathedral holds the remains of many prominent priests like Bishop Laurent Joseph Marie Imbert, and priests Peter Simon (1803-1839), James (Jacques Honor Chastan, 1803-1839) and Pourthie Jean Antoine Charles (1830-1866) and four other martyrs. The steeple of the church is 45 meters in height whereas the main building, made of bricks stands at 23 meters in height. The interior is decorated intricately with religious paintings and artworks. The stained glass windows are beautifully intricate too. The Gothic architecture of the church is a treat to the eyes and makes this an interesting place to visit.
Myeongdong Cathedral Hours
- Call in advance to know the best time to visit.
- Mass schedule is available on official website.
- Church Office Hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. Closed on Monday.
How to Reach Myeongdong Cathedral
- Nearest Subway: Euljiro 1-ga, Myeong-dong
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.8% of people who visit Seoul include Myeongdong Cathedral in their plan
28% of people start their Myeongdong Cathedral visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Myeongdong Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Myeongdong Cathedral