Namdaemun Market5176 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 49-1 Namchang-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-27532805
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Leisure, Mall, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
This is another one of the traditional markets that are a part of the national heritage of Seoul. Namdaemun market has been present since 1414 and was established by King Taejong.
This marketplace has maintained some air of its imperial past as can be witnessed by the traditional setting which can present such an old-world feel that foreign visitors will certainly feel as though they have been transported to 15th century Korea.
The market cannot be accessed by means of a car and hence it is required to take either public conveyance to the nearest stops or to avail a motorcycle.
One of the most visited and beautiful corners in Seoul, Namdaemun bustles with travellers. Expect this market to be always crowded. Hence, it is advisable to buy tickets for Namdaemun tours with us to gain an insider’s perspective. Namdaemun tickets are easily available provided you book in advance. Tickets for Namdaemun are always in demand and hence we offer you an easy route by offering you Namdaemun ticket prices for tours at discounted rates.
Namdaemun Market Hours
- Market is always open.
- Different sections of the market have different opening hours.
How to Reach Namdaemun Market
- Subway to Hoehyeon Station, Line 4.
- Vatos Urban Tacos – Mexican
- Tosokchon – Asian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Namdaemun Market Address: 49-1 Namchang-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Namdaemun Market Contact Number: +82-27532805
- Namdaemun Market Timing: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Best time to visit Namdaemun Market(preferred time): 08:00 pm - 09:45 pm
- Time required to visit Namdaemun Market: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
41.7% of people who visit Seoul include Namdaemun Market in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
55.29% of people start their Namdaemun Market visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Namdaemun Market
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Namdaemun Market
People normally club together Coex Mall and Namsangol Hanok Village while planning their visit to Namdaemun Market.
Namdaemun Market Reviews & Ratings
Does it mean that only those who have tickets can enter Namdaemum Market?Answer Report Abuse
I don't think you need tickets for visiting the Namdaemun Market.Report Abuse