National Museum Of KoreaCurrently Closed
- Address: 137 Seobinggo-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-220779000
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
About National Museum Of Korea, Seoul
Displaying close to 15,000 pieces spanning many eras and fields of interest, the National Museum of Korea is a well stocked museum that provides something interesting for everyone. The sculpture gallery houses Buddhist art, metal art, Buncheong ware and also Porcelain artworks. The Asian gallery is quite fascinating too, with its oriental artworks from China, Japan and Central Asia. In the Calligraphy and painting gallery, visitors will encounter woodworks, Buddhist paintings and many other beautiful creations. There is also a prehistoric and ancient history gallery that has objects from the Paleolithic age, the Bronze Age and Early Iron Age. For a true enthusiast, this museum is like a wonderland that not only educates but fascinates too. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seoul Itinerary 5 Days.
National Museum Of Korea Information
- Special Services: Wheelchair ramp, parking spaces, restrooms, free wheelchair rental service (10 available), elevator
- Sign-language interpretation service available, as well as video & audio guide rental.
- Parking available, Fee applicable.
- Foreign Language Interpretation services available.
National Museum Of Korea Ticket Prices
- Free admission: Permanent Exhibition, Children's Museum, Free Planned Exhibition
- Children's Museum: Information desk at the museum entrance
- Ticket purchase is available at the ticket booth in front of Planned Exhibition Hall. Visitors should present their admission ticket to enter paid special exhibitions.
National Museum Of Korea Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on Mondays (except Holiday Mondays).
- During weeks with a Holiday Monday, the museum will be closed on the first non-holiday weekday.
- Timings for Children’s museum : Refer to official website
How To reach National Museum Of Korea by Public Transport
- Nearest subway: Ichon, Seobinggo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Museum Of Korea
95% of people who visit Seoul include National Museum Of Korea in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
29.25% of people start their National Museum Of Korea visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Museum Of Korea
92.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Korea
National Museum Of Korea Map
National Museum Of Korea Trips
National Museum Of Korea, Seoul Reviews
Great variety of exhibits with world class special exhibitions coming through b all the time. When we visited they had a collection on loan from the Hermitage. The price of admission is incredibly low. My only recommendation is make sure you arrive early to give yourself plenty of time to fully enjoy all the exhibits. I ran out of time when I went. Make sure you enjoy the gardens and ponds surrounding the museums. They're an absolute delight even in winter.
If you visit here you will get a lot to know about south korea particularly about their history and heritage. There is various complexes here, some are free while some are not. But of you visit here you will get to know about their progress from the most ancient times to the modern when it has become one of the main business capitals of the world
The National Museum of Korea is perfect for escaping heat or rain or snow and still havkng a wonderful time. I have been lucky enough to go twice. It feels big and brught and has a great food court. The kids learn a lot of info in school and gave my husband and I a phenomenal tour. Another time, we explored with younger children .
Free exhibition that let you know about the history of Korea. It is a quite awesome place. You can reach this place by Metro line 4 "i-chon" station, exit 2. Only takes 5 ~ 7 minutes by walk from the station. The museum has cafeteria and restaurants for your rest. It opens from 10 am to 6 pm on weekdays and to 7 pm on weekend. (Extended open hours until 9 pm on Wednesday and Saturday only)
The building is Top quality... very nice design, but the exposition is the most boring exposition you will see in a museum. I would say don't go and invest your time in something else.
All QuestionsNational museum of korea
- Cokeburg Presbyterian Church
- Huffman Distillery And Chopping Mill
- Forks United Church Of Christ
- Marco Island Community Parks
- Capt. John Foley Horr House
- Marco Lutheran Church
- Carole Ann II Charters
- Wild Thing Charters
- Mihs Museum Foundation
- Collier County Public Library
- Jewish Congregation Of Marco Island
- J D Fiberglass Repair
- Marco Island Fishing
- Coconut Island