Samcheong DongCurrently Open
- Address: 107, Samcheong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Bar, Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Museums, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Restaurant, Leisure, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
This is one of the more traditional areas of the city of Seoul. ‘Dong’ is Korean for neighborhood and this neighborhood of Seoul has been listed as one of the most popular places that are actually off the tourist trail. People can visit this area and indulge in the traditional sights and sounds and people can actually understand how the locals lead their lives.
The area has a lot of small boutiques, restaurants and art galleries where people can spend an afternoon shopping. Another unique aspect of this area is the number of restored traditional houses known as ‘hanoks’. The Vietnamese Consulate and the Board of Audit and Inspection are also situated in this area. Other attractions include the National Folk Museum of Korea and the Velvet and Incubator art galleries.
How to Reach Samcheong Dong
- Subway to Anguk Station, Line 3
- The Pizza Peel – Pizzeria
- Myeongdong Dakhanmari – Traditional Korean
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seoul before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seoul and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Samcheong Dong Address: 107, Samcheong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Samcheong Dong Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Samcheong Dong: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.34% of people who visit Seoul include Samcheong Dong in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
28.37% of people start their Samcheong Dong visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Samcheong Dong
91.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Samcheong Dong
People normally club together Gyeonghuigung Palace and Hongdae Area while planning their visit to Samcheong Dong.