Sevilla is a magical city in Spain, shrouded in mystery surrounding its origins (some theories mythological) and is a feast for the eyes. It is basically split in two by the Guadalquivir River – the east bank being the most lively and filled with all sorts of attractions, and the west bank being more understated and unspoiled.
Essential travel information and Seville tips for your visit
- Time Zone- UTC/GMT + 2 hour
- Currency- Euro (EUR)
- Electricity and Internet - Voltage – 220-240 Volts, Primary Socket Type – Europlug, Schuko. Moreover, free Wifi is available in some of the hotels in Seville. Also, you should buy a round pin immersion heater and a plug adapter.
- Languages- Spanish is the official language in Seville and English is widely understood by the localites here.
- National Police: 091
- Ambulance: 061
- Fire (Bomberos): 080
- Municipal/Local Police: 092
- Tipping: Tipping is not a thing in Spain. If needed, then at large restaurants tipping of about 5% is more than enough.
- Other tips: One thing you should definitely do is to be beware of pickpockets. You can also opt for cabs hired online and not the prepaid ones as you can end up paying more.
Seville Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Seville. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Seville trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Seville
Save 10%Cathedral & Alcazar of Seville Guided Tour (Skip the Line)
3 Hrs111 Reviews
Save 10%Alcazar of Seville Early Access with Optional Seville Cathedral
4 Hrs191 Reviews
Save 15%Fast-Track Seville Guided Tour into Alcazar
1 Hr 15 Mins181 Reviews
Save 8%Alcazar of Seville Small Group Guided Tour
1 Hr 30 Mins6 Reviews
Save 8%Andalusia with Costa del Sol and Toledo - 5 Day Tour
5 Days262 Reviews
Save 8%Cordoba Day Trip from Seville
9 Hrs318 Reviews