Convento De Santa Paula2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Calle Sta. Paula, 11, 41003 Sevilla, Spain, Seville
- Timings: 10:00 am - 01:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-954540022
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Founded by Doña Ana de Santillán to house the nuns of the Religious Order of St Jerome, the convent is notable for mixing various architectural styles such as Renaissance and Moorish. This is a result of a continuous extension and repair work over the centuries. The facade is Gothic, the cloister is Mudejar, and altarpiece is Baroque. It still functions as a convent which means that the visiting hours are limited. And technically when you visit you're not visiting the church but rather the museum. Thankfully the main treasures of the church are all available to be seen in the museum. You can also visit to the shop where the nuns living here sell sweets made in local culinary traditions.
How to Reach Convento De Santa Paula
- Bus C5 stop San Luis (Pza. San Marcos)
- Buses 11, 12, 16, A1 stop María Auxiliadora (Puerta Osario)
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seville and book an accommodation of your choice.