Hospital De Los VenerablesCurrently Closed
- Address: Plaza Venerables, 8, 41004 Sevilla, Spain, Seville
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-954562696
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Courtyard
This Baroque residence and the interior San Fernando church was the final refuge of Seville’s elderly or poor priests from 1673 onwards. In the 19th century it became a textile factory for eight years, but then reverted to its orignal function as a residence. The highlights are:
- The tiled courtyard with the central fountain
- The tiled galleries with hanging artwork
- Galleries of Tuscan arches
- The lower and upper living quarters
- Murals by Valdes Leal in the chruch
- The altarpiece depicting the Apotheosis of San Fernando
- The relief carvings in the church
Today, in addition to its historical interest, this is also the location of the Velazques Research center, which organises cultural exhibitions and concerts.
- Private tours can be booked with the option of a concert at the church.
- Ask for the audioguide, which is available in Spanish, English, French, German and Italian.
- Visit the attraction website for its event calendar.
- Over 65s, pensioners and students: €4
- Children under 12 accompanied, Sevillian, Sunday from 14.00 to 18.00 hours: Free
- Groups (minimum 15 people, maximum 20 people): €70
- Closed on Good friday.
- Bus C5 stop Plaza de La Contratacion.
- Buses 05, 21, A1, A3, A4, A8 stop Menendez Pelayo (Juzgados).
- Tram T1 stop Archivo de Indias.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seville and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.26% of people who visit Seville include Hospital De Los Venerables in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.84% of people start their Hospital De Los Venerables visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hospital De Los Venerables
85.93% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hospital De Los Venerables
A very good example of a Spanish church and tiled walls. Better to go on Thursday for free. Worth a visit. Can get busy when tour groups converge.
A little bit of a hidden gem. Just 4 Euros entrance fee. Beautiful paintings and a tranquil courtyard. The church within is worth the visit alone.
Beautiful little museum with excellent art collection. Nice getaway from the busy city.
Free to visit on every first thursday of the month, although it's also worth the normal entrance fee.
Quiet calm environment with good Murillos. Audio guide a bit frustrating at first but good once you got the hang of it.