Hospital De Los Venerables, Seville
Hospital De Los Venerables, Seville - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Plaza Venerables, 8, 41004 Sevilla, Spain
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 7.2K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Courtyard
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Hospital De Los Venerables, Seville
This Baroque residence and the interior San Fernando church was the final refuge of Seville’s elderly or poor priests from 1673 onwards. In the 19th century it became a textile factory for eight years, but then reverted to its orignal function as a residence. The highlights are:
- The tiled courtyard with the central fountain
- The tiled galleries with hanging artwork
- Galleries of Tuscan arches
- The lower and upper living quarters
- Murals by Valdes Leal in the chruch
- The altarpiece depicting the Apotheosis of San Fernando
- The relief carvings in the church
Today, in addition to its historical interest, this is also the location of the Velazques Research center, which organises cultural exhibitions and concerts.
Hospital De Los Venerables Information
- Private tours can be booked with the option of a concert at the church.
- Ask for the audioguide, which is available in Spanish, English, French, German and Italian.
- Visit the attraction website for its event calendar.
Hospital De Los Venerables Ticket Prices
- Over 65s, pensioners and students: €4
- Children under 12 accompanied, Sevillian, Sunday from 14.00 to 18.00 hours: Free
- Groups (minimum 15 people, maximum 20 people): €70
Hospital De Los Venerables Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on Good friday.
How To reach Hospital De Los Venerables by Public Transport
- Bus C5 stop Plaza de La Contratacion.
- Buses 05, 21, A1, A3, A4, A8 stop Menendez Pelayo (Juzgados).
- Tram T1 stop Archivo de Indias.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hospital De Los Venerables, Seville Reviews - Write a Review
Lovely little square in Seville perfect for a wine and tapas
Lovely place in the very heart of Seville. One of the oasis that makes this city so special.
It's a beautiful and touristic place. Specially recommend if there is an art exhibition.
Only one small gallery open. More doors than paintings. I know its not quantity that counts but only 3 by Valesqez. Shame.
Lovely small chapel. See interesting special exhibit. Wouldn't bother except for a special event