Parque De Maria Luisa1503 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Paseo de las Delicias, s/n, 41013 Sevilla, Spain, Seville
- Timings: 08:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +34-955471232
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Monument, Family And Kids, Fountain
City of Seville’s main public park is at once an open air museum and a botanical garden, a grand expanse of monuments, gardens, tree-lined boulevards, palm and orange and pine groves, flower beds, ponds and fountains. It was established in 1911 after being donated to the city by the Infanta Luisa Fernanda, Duchess of Montpensier in 1893. Parrots and ducks and swans populate the area in and around park’s fountains and lakes. The park curves around the Plaza de Espana. Other nearby buildings include the Science Center, the Teatro Lope de Vega Sevilla and the Seville Public Library. Highlights of the park include:
- Monument to Gustavo Adolfo Becquer.
- Monument to Miguel de Cervantes.
- The Fountain of the Lions.
- Monument to Juan Sebastian Elcano.
- Queen's sewing box (Costurero de la Reina) - a miniature castle in neomudejar style.
- Bronze statue of the princess Luisa Fernanda by Enrique Perez Comendador.
- Monte Gurugu - a rocky mound with a waterfall.
- Pavilion of Alfonso XI.
- The Museo Arqueológico, the Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares, with the Plaza de America in between.
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seville Itinerary 3 Days.
Parque De Maria Luisa Travel Tips
- Four-person quad bikes can be rented.
How to Reach Parque De Maria Luisa
- Buses 03, 04, 34, A6 stop Paseo Las delicias (Glta. Marineros).
- Bus C2 stop Glorieta Marineros Voluntarios.
- Buses 01, 30, 31, 37 A5 stop Avenida La Borbolla (Montevideo).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seville and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.5% of people who visit Seville include Parque De Maria Luisa in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
68.04% of people start their Parque De Maria Luisa visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Parque De Maria Luisa
56.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Parque De Maria Luisa