Parque De Maria LuisaCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Paseo de las Delicias, s/n, 41013 Sevilla, Spain, Seville
- Timings: 08:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +34-955471232
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Monument, Family And Kids, Fountain
City of Seville’s main public park is at once an open air museum and a botanical garden, a grand expanse of monuments, gardens, tree-lined boulevards, palm and orange and pine groves, flower beds, ponds and fountains. It was established in 1911 after being donated to the city by the Infanta Luisa Fernanda, Duchess of Montpensier in 1893. Parrots and ducks and swans populate the area in and around park’s fountains and lakes. The park curves around the Plaza de Espana. Other nearby buildings include the Science Center, the Teatro Lope de Vega Sevilla and the Seville Public Library. Highlights of the park include:
- Monument to Gustavo Adolfo Becquer.
- Monument to Miguel de Cervantes.
- The Fountain of the Lions.
- Monument to Juan Sebastian Elcano.
- Queen's sewing box (Costurero de la Reina) - a miniature castle in neomudejar style.
- Bronze statue of the princess Luisa Fernanda by Enrique Perez Comendador.
- Monte Gurugu - a rocky mound with a waterfall.
- Pavilion of Alfonso XI.
- The Museo Arqueológico, the Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares, with the Plaza de America in between.
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seville Itinerary 3 Days.
- Four-person quad bikes can be rented.
- Buses 03, 04, 34, A6 stop Paseo Las delicias (Glta. Marineros).
- Bus C2 stop Glorieta Marineros Voluntarios.
- Buses 01, 30, 31, 37 A5 stop Avenida La Borbolla (Montevideo).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seville and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.53% of people who visit Seville include Parque De Maria Luisa in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
68.04% of people start their Parque De Maria Luisa visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Parque De Maria Luisa
56.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Parque De Maria Luisa
Really picturesque gardens! We couldn't find it at first so we had to go on another day with clearer directions. My advice is to not give up and have water or ice cream if you're visiting in the summer!
We arrived at La Plaza de España at sunset just as the the building was bathed in the golden light. Beautiful! Minutes later a rainstorm hit and we had to leave as the buildings were locked up for the night. We had hoped to spend more time there, but the memory of the that beautifully lit edifice will stay with me always.
Nice gardens full of fountains and places to relax... you can rent a bike to go around the park and enjoy
I loved walking around Sevilla. We walked by Maria Luisa Park daily while we were there and got to enjoy Christmas markets along the way as well.
So beautiful! The fountains and statues are just stunning and feeding the pigeons in the plaza de America is fun but a little overwhelming. Be careful or you will be ambushed! 🤣