Parque De Maria LuisaCurrently Closed
- Address: Paseo de las Delicias, s/n, 41013 Sevilla, Spain, Seville
- Timings: 08:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +34-955471232
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Monument, Family And Kids, Fountain
Parque De Maria Luisa - Review
City of Seville’s main public park is at once an open air museum and a botanical garden, a grand expanse of monuments, gardens, tree-lined boulevards, palm and orange and pine groves, flower beds, ponds and fountains. It was established in 1911 after being donated to the city by the Infanta Luisa Fernanda, Duchess of Montpensier in 1893. Parrots and ducks and swans populate the area in and around park’s fountains and lakes. The park curves around the Plaza de Espana. Other nearby buildings include the Science Center, the Teatro Lope de Vega Sevilla and the Seville Public Library. Highlights of the park include:
- Monument to Gustavo Adolfo Becquer.
- Monument to Miguel de Cervantes.
- The Fountain of the Lions.
- Monument to Juan Sebastian Elcano.
- Queen's sewing box (Costurero de la Reina) - a miniature castle in neomudejar style.
- Bronze statue of the princess Luisa Fernanda by Enrique Perez Comendador.
- Monte Gurugu - a rocky mound with a waterfall.
- Pavilion of Alfonso XI.
- The Museo Arqueológico, the Museo de Artes y Costumbres Populares, with the Plaza de America in between.
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seville Itinerary 3 Days.
Parque De Maria Luisa Information
- Four-person quad bikes can be rented.
How To reach Parque De Maria Luisa by Public Transport
- Buses 03, 04, 34, A6 stop Paseo Las delicias (Glta. Marineros).
- Bus C2 stop Glorieta Marineros Voluntarios.
- Buses 01, 30, 31, 37 A5 stop Avenida La Borbolla (Montevideo).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Parque De Maria Luisa
27.28% of people who visit Seville include Parque De Maria Luisa in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
68.04% of people start their Parque De Maria Luisa visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Parque De Maria Luisa
56.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Parque De Maria Luisa
Parque De Maria Luisa Trips
3 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Malaga, ZaragozaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Seville, Malaga, Madrid, Zaragoza, Barcelona
1 View17 Days 16 Nights17 Day Trip to Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Malaga, Toledo, Ibiza from NewarkBy: Guest UserCity: Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, Seville, Malaga, Ibiza
1 View7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Seville, Granada, Cordoba from CroydonBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Seville, Granada, Cordoba
Parque De Maria Luisa, Seville Reviews
We arrived at La Plaza de España at sunset just as the the building was bathed in the golden light. Beautiful! Minutes later a rainstorm hit and we had to leave as the buildings were locked up for the night. We had hoped to spend more time there, but the memory of the that beautifully lit edifice will stay with me always.
So beautiful! The fountains and statues are just stunning and feeding the pigeons in the plaza de America is fun but a little overwhelming. Be careful or you will be ambushed! 🤣
A great experience, I suggest a bike or a double bike, for a comfortable ride about. There is a rental service on Plaza Espania.
Right next door to Plaza de España, this is a great place to chill with the swans, ducks and lizards.
Gorgeous parc, well mentained. Lots of shadow places and room to cycle.