Santa Maria La Blanca7 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Street Sta Maria la Blanca, 5, 41004 Sevilla, Spain., Seville
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-955263125
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
If you have already been in the city for a while then you know, that when you see a nondescript and unassuming looking church you absolutely have to go inside. The unrestrained lavish decoration of this 14th century church in honor of the Immaculate Conception make it one of the most incredible sights you will see in this city. This particular style of Baroque decoration is known as Andalusian Baroque. The church is especially notable for its transitional elements from Gothic to Renaissance architecture with some basic elements of Mudejar architecture thrown in. Highlights include the 14th century chapel of St. James, and the tombs of Don Felipe and his wife.Once upon a time this church used to be an important pilgrimage stop.
Santa Maria La Blanca Hours
- The church's not open to tourists during mass times and Sundays.
How to Reach Santa Maria La Blanca
- Buses 01, 21, A1, A8, C3 stop Menéndez Pelayo (Puerta de La Carne).
- 01, 21, A1, A3, A8, C4 stop Menéndez Pelayo (Puerta de La Carne).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seville and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.1% of people who visit Seville include Santa Maria La Blanca in their plan
95% of people start their Santa Maria La Blanca visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Santa Maria La Blanca
People normally also visit Puerta De Jerez while planning their trip to Santa Maria La Blanca.