Cheng Huang MiaoCurrently Closed
- Address: NO.1, Yichen Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2163284494
- Ticket Price: 40 CNY
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Old Town
Another important tourist destination within the ‘Old City’ and in very close proximity to the Yu Garden is this City God Temple of Shanghai. The complex of the temple is extremely large and today people even refer to the surrounding commercial areas by this name.
This is a very old part of the city and most of the buildings in this place are almost over a hundred years old. Hundreds of stores line the streets in the vicinity of this temple.
Dedicated to the god Jinshan, the spirit of the ‘Gold Mountain’, this temple was later converted to one dedicated to the City God in 1403 during the reign of the Ming Dynasty.
- 40 Yuan, included with ticket to Yu Garden.
- Closed on Occasion.
- YuYuan Garden station, Line 10
- La Creperie – Creperie
- Desserts Gennaro – Italian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shanghai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shanghai and book an accommodation of your choice.
11.63% of people who visit Shanghai include Cheng Huang Miao in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70% of people start their Cheng Huang Miao visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Cheng Huang Miao
50% of people prefer walking in order to reach Cheng Huang Miao