Events and Festivals in Shanghai
- Longhua Temple Fair (Longhua Ancient Town, Shanghai, March): A celebration of Buddhist culture in Longhua, street entertainment, music, art, and the gathering of peach blossoms.
- Shanghai Internation Tea Festival (April): Get together with hundreds of thousands of tea lovers and try everything that the beverage has to offer.
- Shanghai Tourism Festival (September): All over the city the government welcomes foreign and native visitors alike, with traditional Chinese entertainment, folklore tours, parades and more. And don't forget the fireworks which are spectacular.
- Shanghai International Art Festival: Take place in October.
- Shanghai Oranges Festival: Take place in October.
- Shanghai International Magic Festival: Take place in October.
- Shanghai International Tourism Trade Fair: Take place in October.
- Shanghai Asian Music Festival: Take place in November.
- Shanghai Arts Fair: Take place in November.
Off the Beaten Path
- Nanyang Village (Songjiang District): Get away from the metropolis and enjoy the lotus blossoms in bloom in August, at Nanyang Village. You can learn to fish, and learn a little about rural life in China whilst taking in spectacular views.
- Dayu Village (Malu Grape Theme Park): Or head out into the wilds and learn something about China's wine culture, and if that's not enough there's a great little community of artists both foreign and local hanging out here too.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Shanghai
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Shanghai
Save 7%Zhujiajiao Water Town and Shanghai City Private Day Tour64 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Discover Shanghais most incredible city attractions and beautiful Zhujiajiao Water Town during this wonderful private day tou...
Save 7%Private Full-Day Tour: Shanghai Old and New Highlights53 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
This great 8-hour Shanghai city tour takes you to discover the must see sites in Shanghai from its old and modern perspective...
Save 7%Private Zhujiajiao Tour to Water Town with Boat Ride37 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
Enjoy a 5 hours private tour with a professional driver tour guide and a private vehicle to famous water town Zhujiajiao whic...
Save 5%Authentic Local Food Tour in Central Shanghai93 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Tastea dozentraditional Shanghainese dishes in 3 hours during this culinary tour ofYunnan Road, the old border between the fo...