Mao Zedongs Former ResidenceCurrently Open
- Address: Building 5-9, Lane 120, Maoming Bei Lu, near Weihai Lu, Jingan District, Shanghai, China Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2162723656
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museums, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Everyone who has even the most basic historical knowledge will recognize Mao Zedong. The communist leader had visited Shanghai on numerous occasions and hence, his small residence on Maoming Lu is today a popular tourist destination.
This former residence is the only one open to the public and is mostly frequented by Chinese nationals or people with communist sensibilities. Nonetheless, this house can most certainly be visited by non political people as well.
There are volunteers present here who can guide tourists through the restored house which is mostly renovated as an exhibit, but people can get a somewhat authentic feel of the Mao era when they visit this site.
How to Reach Mao Zedongs Former Residence
- Nanjing Xi Lu station, Line 2
- International multi cuisine Jujube Tree vegetarian life style
- Vegan food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Shanghai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shanghai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Mao Zedongs Former Residence Address: Building 5-9, Lane 120, Maoming Bei Lu, near Weihai Lu, Jingan District, Shanghai, China
- Mao Zedongs Former Residence Contact Number: +86-2162723656
- Mao Zedongs Former Residence Timing: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Mao Zedongs Former Residence: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
21.3% of people who visit Shanghai include Mao Zedongs Former Residence in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
66.24% of people start their Mao Zedongs Former Residence visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mao Zedongs Former Residence
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mao Zedongs Former Residence
People normally club together Jingan Temple and Yuyuan Garden while planning their visit to Mao Zedongs Former Residence.