Qibao Ancient TownCurrently Open
- Address: Minzhu Road, Minhang, Shanghai, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Town, Old Town
Qibao Ancient Town - Review
The word Qibao literally translates to ‘seven treasures’. This town located in the Minhang district of Shanghai is an ancient part of the city, the origins of which can be traced as far back as the ‘Five Dynasties and Ten kingdoms Period’.
This town is especially well known for its own brand of food involving crickets, a specialty spicy pork dish and other local delicacies. In addition to these, the famous painter Zhang Chongren made this town his home. The character of Chang Chong-Chen in the popular comic “The Adventures of Tintin” was based on this painter as the personality was a friend of the comic’s creater, Herge.
Qibao Ancient Town Information
- This place looks absolutely stunning at night so make it a point to go then!
Qibao Ancient Town Opening and Closing Hours
- Always Open.
How To reach Qibao Ancient Town by Public Transport
- Take Bus 92 at Shanghai Stadium Subway Station.
- Take bus Bus 763, Xinji Line, Xinhua Line at Xinzhuang Subway Station
- By subway - Take Subway Line 9 and get off at Qibao Station.
- Leave from Exit 2 to the old town.
Restaurants Near Qibao Ancient Town
- Local eateries serving regional specialties
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shanghai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shanghai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Qibao Ancient Town
86.67% of people who visit Shanghai include Qibao Ancient Town in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
41.62% of people start their Qibao Ancient Town visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Qibao Ancient Town
93.52% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Qibao Ancient Town