Qibao Ancient TownCurrently Open
- Address: Minzhu Road, Minhang, Shanghai, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Town, Old Town
The word Qibao literally translates to ‘seven treasures’. This town located in the Minhang district of Shanghai is an ancient part of the city, the origins of which can be traced as far back as the ‘Five Dynasties and Ten kingdoms Period’.
This town is especially well known for its own brand of food involving crickets, a specialty spicy pork dish and other local delicacies. In addition to these, the famous painter Zhang Chongren made this town his home. The character of Chang Chong-Chen in the popular comic “The Adventures of Tintin” was based on this painter as the personality was a friend of the comic’s creater, Herge.
- This place looks absolutely stunning at night so make it a point to go then!
- Always Open.
- Take Bus 92 at Shanghai Stadium Subway Station.
- Take bus Bus 763, Xinji Line, Xinhua Line at Xinzhuang Subway Station
- By subway - Take Subway Line 9 and get off at Qibao Station.
- Leave from Exit 2 to the old town.
- Local eateries serving regional specialties
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shanghai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shanghai and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.02% of people who visit Shanghai include Qibao Ancient Town in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
61.99% of people start their Qibao Ancient Town visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Qibao Ancient Town
94.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Qibao Ancient Town
Hi, how can we get from Shanghai zoo to the Qibao Ancient Town. Thank you in advanced.Answer Report Abuse
You can get to Qibao Ancient Town from Shanghai Zoo by taking a cab. Just follow S20 and you will reach there within 12-15 minutes.Report Abuse