Shanghai MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: No 201, Ren Min Da Dao, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200003, P.R.CHINA
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2163723500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Architecture , Sculpture
The Shanghai Museum is only one of the main attractions that people can view in the Peoples Square. The foundations of this museum were laid in 1952 and it has predominantly remained an art museum.
The architecture of the museum building is built with strict accordance to Chinese perception and philosophies. Local architect Xing Tonghe designed the building with a round top upon a square base. This is a literal representation of the Chinese philosophy of a square earth beneath a round sky.
The museum houses eleven galleries and three temporary special exhibits. Among the contents of the museum are over one hundred twenty thousand pieces of furniture, art, bronze, calligraphy, sculptures, paintings, seals, coins and other artifacts.
Delve into the history and Philosophy of China as you buy tickets for Shanghai Museum tours. Shanghai Museum tickets are easily available over the counter; however, it is best to take up a tour and understand the attraction better. With your tickets for Shanghai Museum, you can easily see its internal highlights such as historical furniture, art, bronze, calligraphy, sculptures, paintings, seals, coins and other artefacts. Shanghai Museum ticket prices come at affordable prices, just go and book one for yourself. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Shanghai Itinerary 5 Days.
- 8000 free tickets daily.
- 8000 people are admitted into the museum daily for free but after that they close entry.
- Also, entry is closed after 4:00 pm.
- People above the age of 70 and disabled persons are given priority entry.
- Some special exhibitions may have charged tickets.
- Closed On Occasion.
- Metro Line 1, 2, 8 (People’s Square Station)
- Bus No. 574, No.71, No.123, No.46, No.934
- TUNNEL BUS No.6
- Shanghai Laolao
- Chinese Goga- International
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shanghai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shanghai and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.08% of people who visit Shanghai include Shanghai Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
76.42% of people start their Shanghai Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Shanghai Museum
74.11% of people prefer walking in order to reach Shanghai Museum