Shanghai MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: No 201, Ren Min Da Dao, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200003, P.R.CHINA
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2163723500
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Architecture , Sculpture
About Shanghai Museum, Shanghai
The Shanghai Museum is only one of the main attractions that people can view in the Peoples Square. The foundations of this museum were laid in 1952 and it has predominantly remained an art museum.
The architecture of the museum building is built with strict accordance to Chinese perception and philosophies. Local architect Xing Tonghe designed the building with a round top upon a square base. This is a literal representation of the Chinese philosophy of a square earth beneath a round sky.
The museum houses eleven galleries and three temporary special exhibits. Among the contents of the museum are over one hundred twenty thousand pieces of furniture, art, bronze, calligraphy, sculptures, paintings, seals, coins and other artifacts.
Delve into the history and Philosophy of China as you buy tickets for Shanghai Museum tours. Shanghai Museum tickets are easily available over the counter; however, it is best to take up a tour and understand the attraction better. With your tickets for Shanghai Museum, you can easily see its internal highlights such as historical furniture, art, bronze, calligraphy, sculptures, paintings, seals, coins and other artefacts. Shanghai Museum ticket prices come at affordable prices, just go and book one for yourself. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Shanghai Itinerary 5 Days.
Shanghai Museum Ticket Prices
- 8000 free tickets daily.
- 8000 people are admitted into the museum daily for free but after that they close entry.
- Also, entry is closed after 4:00 pm.
- People above the age of 70 and disabled persons are given priority entry.
- Some special exhibitions may have charged tickets.
Shanghai Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed On Occasion.
How To reach Shanghai Museum by Public Transport
- Metro Line 1, 2, 8 (People’s Square Station)
- Bus No. 574, No.71, No.123, No.46, No.934
- TUNNEL BUS No.6
Restaurants Near Shanghai Museum
- Shanghai Laolao
- Chinese Goga- International
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shanghai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shanghai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Shanghai Museum
95% of people who visit Shanghai include Shanghai Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
56.25% of people start their Shanghai Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Shanghai Museum
53.05% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shanghai Museum
Shanghai Museum Cruises
Shanghai Museum Sightseeing Tours
Shanghai Museum Culture & Theme Based Tours
Shanghai Museum Tickets & Passes
Shanghai Museum Map
Shanghai Museum Trips
1 View18 Days 17 Nights18 Day Trip to Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, ZhangjiajieBy: Ievan LudjioCity: Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Zhangjiajie, Shanghai
Shanghai Museum, Shanghai Reviews
All QuestionsShanghai museum
- Saint Anthony School
- Unitarian Universalist Church Of Spartanburg
- Ma And Pa Heritage Trail - Forest Hill Leg
- Nystrom Park
- Manzanita Park
- Chute 'EM Up
- Quaker Park
- Friendship Pentecostal Church Of God
- Goleta Pier
- Highway 31 Landing Recreation Area
- Rent Ready Professional Services
- Hindu Temple Of Modesto
- Iglesia De Dios Pentecostal M I
- Chiesa Di Sant'Antonio Abate All'Esquilino
- Kennedy Reedy