Zhujiajiao Ancient TownCurrently Open
- Address: No.36 Meizhou Road, Zhujiajiao Town, Qingpu District, Shanghai 201713, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Bridge, Family And Kids, Lake, Boating, Old Town
This locality is affectionately referred to as the Venice of Shanghai. This suburb is a water town which has a rich and vibrant history that dates back over 1700 years. Zhujiajiao is not only famous in Shanghai but is also one of the most popular tourist destinations throughout China.
Surrounded by lakes and mountains, this small town covers around forty seven square kilometers. The government has effectively handled the preservation of this town such that it is in pristine condition to this day.
Among the unique features of this area are the small bridges that cross the streams. These bridges can certainly remind tourists of an oriental version of the bridges in Paris. Among them, the Fangsheng Bridge and the Lang Bridge are most popular. People can avail river boat rides in this area in order to get the authentic feel of the place.
Zhujiajiao Ancient Town Travel Tips
- Tourist guides- For an English speaking guide for around three hours CNY 120; For a Chinese speaking guide for around three hours CNY 80.
Entrance Ticket Details For Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
- Though there is no admission fees you might have to pay accordingly for these ativities- For cruise boat and nine scenic spots CNY 80; For eight scenic spots CNY 60; For four scenic spots CNY 30
How to Reach Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
- Buses from various locations to the town.
- Local restaurants Street food stalls
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Shanghai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shanghai and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.75% of people who visit Shanghai include Zhujiajiao Ancient Town in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
56.62% of people start their Zhujiajiao Ancient Town visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
94.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zhujiajiao Ancient Town