Al Noor Mosque
- Address: Corniche Street, Al Majaz 1 - Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
- Phone: +971-65680055
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Family And Kids
Al Noor Mosque - Review
Sharjah city is home to over 600 mosques and the Al Noor Mosque is arguably the most famous mosque of them all. Having striking architecture, the mosque has a Turkish Ottoman design and it is said that the architecture was influenced by the famous Sultan Ahmed Mosque of Istanbul. There are only 3 mosques in Sharjah that are open to visitors and the Al Noor Mosque is one of them. The mosque was built by order of her Highness Sheikha Jawaher bint Mohammed al Qassimi, the wife of the ruler of Sharjah. Completed in the year 2005, Al Noor Mosque is open for a visit by non- Muslims only on Mondays at 10 am. Plan your visit accordingly.
Al Noor Mosque Information
- Registration is required for the visit. The registration area is located at entrance of mosque.
- Wearing conservative clothing is recommended. No shorts or skirts above the knee are allowed.
- Tour guides and tour companies must not enter the Mosque unless accompanied by a registered guide from the Sharjah Centre for Cultural Communication.
- Photography and cameras are permitted during the Mosque visit.
- Private visits can be arranged.
Al Noor Mosque Opening and Closing Hours
- Although Muslims can visit the mosque for prayers and for exploring its beauty, non- Muslims are allowed entry only on Mondays via a guided tour which commences at 10 a.m.
How To reach Al Noor Mosque by Public Transport
- Sharjah, King Faisl Rd, Jumbo (Sony) 2 bus stop.
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharjah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharjah and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Al Noor Mosque
95% of people who visit Sharjah include Al Noor Mosque in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
56.1% of people start their Al Noor Mosque visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Al Noor Mosque
94.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Al Noor Mosque
Al Noor Mosque Map
Al Noor Mosque Trips
Al Noor Mosque, Sharjah Reviews
Nice an beutiful masged with an excellent Emam voice and there is a lake on the side of the mosque
Not been inside but its beautiful from outside and the lakeside walk is good and you will find many people walking and jogging, one can also rent a bike(bicycles).
Extremely beautiful and spacious masjid. Surrounding is so peaceful even inside. Parking is sometimes difficult. Ladies prayer facility. Well maintained by Awqaf. If you visit any masjid, please donate sincerely for the maintenance work and other important expenses of the masjid. It will be counted as sadaqa for you till the Day of Judgement. In sha Allaah اللهم صل وسلم وبارك على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه اجمعين
One of the best mosques i've ever been ... the sheikh has amazing voice .. utilities are provided .. clean and smells really good
The Al Noor Mosque is a mosque in Sharjah. It is located on the Khaled lagoon at the Buhaira Corniche. It is of Turkish Ottomandesign and was influenced by the Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Turkey. It is one of three mosques open to the public in Sharjah, which has over 600 total. In 2014 the mosque set a Guinness World Record for the "World's largest wooden charity box" for their Ramadan donation campaign.