Central Souq13 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Al Majaz, at the end of Corniche Road, close to Khalid Lagoon, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +971-65623333
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Housed inside an architecturally marvellous structure (it is one of the most photographed buildings in Sharjah), the Blue Souk is where you should head over to if you want to shop till you drop! Home to over 600 shops, the souk is embellished in blue tiling thus giving it the name. Also known as Central Market, the souk has traders selling items such as electrical goods, traditional as well as antique jewellery, kitchen utensils, gold, famous UAE gems, perfumes, souvenirs and even Arabic carpets.
Trivia: The impressive building was designed by British architects Michael Lyle & Partners. The Ruler of Sharjah, HH Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi gave his inputs during the designing stage.
How to Reach Central Souq
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sharjah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharjah and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Central Souq Address: Al Majaz, at the end of Corniche Road, close to Khalid Lagoon, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Central Souq Contact Number: +971-65623333
- Central Souq Timing: 09:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Best time to visit Central Souq(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Central Souq: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.58% of people who visit Sharjah include Central Souq in their plan
95% of people start their Central Souq visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Central Souq
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Central Souq
People normally club together Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization and Blue Souq while planning their visit to Central Souq.