How to Reach Sharjah
HOW TO GET TO SHARJAH
- By Air: Flights to Sharjah disembark at the Sharjah International Airport connects the emirate to major countries of the world. From the airport, one can jump on a shuttle bus or hire a taxi.Another option is to land at the Dubai International Airport and then get on a bus to Sharjah.
- By Boat: Sharjah is connected via boat to Iran. Boats leave from Bandar Abbas.
- By Taxi: Taxis run between Dubai and Sharjah. However, they might cost a lot.
- By Bus: Sharjah, UAE is connected via bus to Dubai. If you are in Dubai, travelling by bus to Sharjah is the best way to reach the emirate.
HOW TO GET AROUND SHARJAH
Public transport in Sharjah is negligible.
- By Bus: Operated by Sharjah Transport, busses in Sharjah have 7 local routes and 3 express routes.
- By Taxi: Taxis are the best way to explore Sharjah city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sharjah. The most preferred mode of transport in Sharjah is Car.
Average distance: 25.75 km Average time: 51.32 min
Car 73.91%Driving 52.65 min Walking 0.12 min Overall average time for 29.65 kms 52.76 min
Walking 8.7%Walking 40 min Driving 5 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 45 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.04%Bus 37.33 min Waiting 3.33 min Walking 3.33 min Train 3.33 min Overall average time for 18.5 kms 47.33 min