King Faisal Mosque4307 Votes Currently Open
- Address: S116 - Sharjah - United Arab Emirates Map
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Family And Kids
Spread across an area of 12,000-square-metre, the magnificent King Faisal Mosque is the largest in UAE. Named after King Faisal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, the former Ruler of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, this mosque boasts of beautiful architecture and provides for fantastic photography opportunities. Note that entry is only for people of Islamic faith. The prayer halls of the mosque can accommodate approximately 17,000 people. While the ground floor and first floor of the religious structure is devoted to the men's mosque, the second floor houses the Sharjah Department of Islamic Affairs and the basement houses the women's mosque.
Trivia: The construction of the King Faisal Mosque started in the year 1984 and it opened its doors to believers in the year 1987.
King Faisal Mosque Travel Tips
- Active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Entry is for Muslims only. If you are a non-Muslim, please check with the mosque authorities before entering the premises.
How to Reach King Faisal Mosque
- Sharjah, King Faisl Rd, Gold Souq (Old) bus stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sharjah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharjah and book an accommodation of your choice.
- King Faisal Mosque Address: S116 - Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
- Time required to visit King Faisal Mosque: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Sharjah include King Faisal Mosque in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.02% of people start their King Faisal Mosque visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see King Faisal Mosque
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting King Faisal Mosque
People normally club together Al Noor Mosque and Sharjah Heritage Museum while planning their visit to King Faisal Mosque.