Sharjah Museum Of Islamic CivilizationCurrently Closed
- Address: Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +971-65655455
- Ticket Price: 5 AED
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization - Review
Opened in the year 2008, this relatively new museum in Sharjah has on display thousands of Islamic artefacts spread across 7 galleries. These galleries are:
- The Abu Bakr Gallery of Islamic Faith (introduces visitors to Islam and the Holy Quran)
- The Ibn Al-Haytham Gallery of Science and Technology (diplays achievements of Islamic science and the contributions of Islamic scholars)
- Islamic Art Gallery 1 (items such as pottery, woodcarving and textiles on display)
- Islamic Art Gallery 2 (displays important Islamic artwork)
- Islamic Art Galleries 3 and 4 (Islamic weapons and crafts)
- Islamic Coins Display and
- The Al Majarrah Temporary Exhibition Gallery
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization Ticket Prices
- Children (under 13 years): Free
- Adults (13+ years): 5 AED
How To reach Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization by Public Transport
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharjah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharjah and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
95% of people who visit Sharjah include Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
28.28% of people start their Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
94.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization Trips
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah Reviews
Imposing former warehouse building, a quiet but fascinating spot. Thoughtfully broken up into sections on Islamic science and architecture as well as the cultural history of the religion. Notable collection of original photos by Harry Philby, father of notorious Russian spy Kim Philby. Well worth the modest admittance fee. Also handy for some good local restaurants off the tourist track.
First I faced problem because receptionist doesn't have only AED50 change. After that, museum is awesome if you love history specially Islamic history. Advise to other, visit here and enjoy historical culture
A great place to go. It has all the information you need to know about Islam. (A soul beautifying religion) You get interacted with the history, famous people, science, medication, eduaction system in Islam and.. whatever you need to know. 5 stars for sure!
A nice place which contains the remains of Islamic history. They have divided the museum into several sections to categorize. 10 AED is the ticket price and its worth it
What a marvelous place. Architecture is stunning. Displays are well designed and well lighted. Loved small models.