Opened in the year 2008, this relatively new museum in Sharjah has on display thousands of Islamic artefacts spread across 7 galleries. These galleries are:
- The Abu Bakr Gallery of Islamic Faith (introduces visitors to Islam and the Holy Quran)
- The Ibn Al-Haytham Gallery of Science and Technology (diplays achievements of Islamic science and the contributions of Islamic scholars)
- Islamic Art Gallery 1 (items such as pottery, woodcarving and textiles on display)
- Islamic Art Gallery 2 (displays important Islamic artwork)
- Islamic Art Galleries 3 and 4 (Islamic weapons and crafts)
- Islamic Coins Display and
- The Al Majarrah Temporary Exhibition Gallery
- Children (under 13 years): Free
- Adults (13+ years): 5 AED
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharjah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharjah and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sharjah include Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
28.28% of people start their Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
94.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
متحف نفخر به في دولة الامارات، ولكن لدي بعض الملاحظات: - المتحف يعرض الكثير من التحف مما يسبب بعض الملل - لو يوجد وصف دقيق المقتنيات كالحجم - لا يوجد قسم خاص للأطفال - منطقة القبة مهملة والسجاد قديم وذو رائحة - لا توجد خرائط ورقية للمتحف
They could of done so much better. The labels on the artifacts seems confused and did not make sense from a perspective of someone who knows a little about history of the region.
One of 27 Sharjah museums where to sea and hear about Islamic civilisation, local history. Very convenient to use audio guide. In all galleries are shown numbers to switch information so not necessary to follow sequence of galleries. Very helpful staff.
This is one of the miraculous place to see millions of wide variety of flowers in one place beautifully landscaped. It is a treat for eye and soul.
I just walked in from my hotel. This museum is packed with information. There is an audio guide. Learnt a lot about Islam. You need about half a day to go through the entire museum though. I recommend this site to all visitors, and anybody who wants to learn about Islam basics