Sharjah Museum Of Islamic CivilizationCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +971-65655455
- Ticket Price: 5 AED
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
About Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah
Opened in the year 2008, this relatively new museum in Sharjah has on display thousands of Islamic artefacts spread across 7 galleries. These galleries are:
- The Abu Bakr Gallery of Islamic Faith (introduces visitors to Islam and the Holy Quran)
- The Ibn Al-Haytham Gallery of Science and Technology (diplays achievements of Islamic science and the contributions of Islamic scholars)
- Islamic Art Gallery 1 (items such as pottery, woodcarving and textiles on display)
- Islamic Art Gallery 2 (displays important Islamic artwork)
- Islamic Art Galleries 3 and 4 (Islamic weapons and crafts)
- Islamic Coins Display and
- The Al Majarrah Temporary Exhibition Gallery
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization Ticket Prices
- Children (under 13 years): Free
- Adults (13+ years): 5 AED
How To reach Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization by Public Transport
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharjah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharjah and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
95% of people who visit Sharjah include Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50.04% of people start their Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization Map
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization Trips
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah Reviews
After visiting the extremely primitive and very poor exhibits that we were taken to in Dubai, I was surprised and delighted by this museum. The quantity, quality and presentation of what was exhibited was superb, very professional. I only regret the little time that our tour assigned to this museum. I was only able to see a very small fraction of what was available. If I could, I would go back with much more time to view it all.
We were staying in Dubai but desperately wanted to visit the Museum of Islamic Civilization in Sharjah so made the hour and half long trip, alas, we were left very disappointed. Its more a museum of general cultures throughout history as apposed to specific Islamic civilization. Much of the exhibits on display didn't give me any feel of what the religion was about, other than a section of mosque architecture throughout the world. I would have liked to see more things related to the Prophet, his companions, and other famous Islamic figures.
This place is amazing I have ever visited in Sharjah! I was so excited at Islamic culture studies there. There are beautiful textiles, religious articles and so many photos. You will be able to learn a lot of Knowledge.
Amazing space and architecture. A real tour of the arts, crafts and culture of the Islamic civilisation and it's "tributaries" across the globe. A tour of Islam and it's many influences and contributions to the history of human evolution.
A place to visit must if you are interested in Civilization and History...
All QuestionsSharjah museum of islamic civilization
- Catholic Youth Organization
- Explosions II
- California Modern Art Gallery
- Olympic Club
- Sales & Marketing
- Bethlehem Shipyard Museum
- L Stone & Co.
- Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran Church
- MUNI Bus Stop - Stockton & Pacific
- Muni 38 - Geary & Masonic
- St Thomas Church
- SFAC Galleries Window Installation Site
- St Dominic's Catholic Church