Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
Ticket Price: 5 AED
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 44.6K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah
Opened in the year 2008, this relatively new museum in Sharjah has on display thousands of Islamic artefacts spread across 7 galleries. These galleries are:
- The Abu Bakr Gallery of Islamic Faith (introduces visitors to Islam and the Holy Quran)
- The Ibn Al-Haytham Gallery of Science and Technology (diplays achievements of Islamic science and the contributions of Islamic scholars)
- Islamic Art Gallery 1 (items such as pottery, woodcarving and textiles on display)
- Islamic Art Gallery 2 (displays important Islamic artwork)
- Islamic Art Galleries 3 and 4 (Islamic weapons and crafts)
- Islamic Coins Display and
- The Al Majarrah Temporary Exhibition Gallery
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization Ticket Prices
- Children (under 13 years): Free
- Adults (13+ years): 5 AED
How To reach Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization by Public Transport
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharjah before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharjah and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sharjah Museum Of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah Reviews
Good place to know about the Islam, ancient scientific instruments, coins, calligraphy and portraits. It is very calm and quiet place to learn about the history
If you could only do one thing in Sharjah, visiting this museum would be a great choice. It's collection is vast, rich and lovingly presented. It's exhibits consistenty offer a gentle, joyful and informative look at Islam, from a variety of perspectives (historical, creed, scientific, artistic, etc.) The museum has a simple cafe, an attractive gift shop and plenty of parking - - - but it's crown jewel is the interior of it's main dome. Be sure to take the stairs or elevator to the very top floor to sit in a huge armchair and gaze at the amazing tiled rendering of the constellations.
It contains many Islamic history and I enjoy visiting the place. And it Improves my knowledge of Islamic history.
Nice peaceful place ...I like it but some of the gallery items are repeated and just not given enough information ... But still a good place to know the Islamic culture and things used in good old days ... If you are visiting Sharjah then you must go
i like to visit it soon shj Gov very carefully about all this so it should be best