Hey! Help solve a long debate. Does the contour of the cliff at the headland of this park really look like a bearded man’s face? Enough important people thought so that the place is literally named Mohamed’s Head. 480-square kilometres and encompassing the islands of Tiran and Sanafir, the park is a stupendous natural preserve of migratory birds, coral, thousands of fish (barracudas and sharks included), turtles, and a mangrove forest among other things. Its ecosystem includes marine life, desert life and swamp life – an unusual combo. They say the coral here is among the world’s most unusual and grand, making this one of the world’s most popular diving spots
The attractions are listed as:
- The Eel Garden – very literally named.
- The Main Beach- vertical coral walls. Access is restricted to the left side of the bay.
- The Old Quay - shallow water reef structure; water is calm but less crystal clear.
- Marsa Bareika – truly brilliant corals.
- Mangrove Channel - birdie-magnets; many migratory birds like Herons, Osprey. Etc.
- Diving at Shark Reef and Yolanda Reef.
- Check out Anemone City at Shark Reef.
- SS Thistlegorm wreck dive.
- Other activies include jeep safaris, horsebackriding, quad bikes, camel trekking.
Ras Mohamed National Park Travel Tips
- Entry is Free.
- Tour guided activities will cost you.
- Book a diving safari to avoid the crowds.
- Tourist must leave park at sunset.
- The park is usually heavily crowded.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sharm El-sheikh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharm El-sheikh and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sharm El-sheikh include Ras Mohamed National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.47% of people start their Ras Mohamed National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ras Mohamed National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ras Mohamed National Park