Ras Mohamed National ParkCurrently Open
Hey! Help solve a long debate. Does the contour of the cliff at the headland of this park really look like a bearded man’s face? Enough important people thought so that the place is literally named Mohamed’s Head. 480-square kilometres and encompassing the islands of Tiran and Sanafir, the park is a stupendous natural preserve of migratory birds, coral, thousands of fish (barracudas and sharks included), turtles, and a mangrove forest among other things. Its ecosystem includes marine life, desert life and swamp life – an unusual combo. They say the coral here is among the world’s most unusual and grand, making this one of the world’s most popular diving spots
The attractions are listed as:
- The Eel Garden – very literally named.
- The Main Beach- vertical coral walls. Access is restricted to the left side of the bay.
- The Old Quay - shallow water reef structure; water is calm but less crystal clear.
- Marsa Bareika – truly brilliant corals.
- Mangrove Channel - birdie-magnets; many migratory birds like Herons, Osprey. Etc.
- Diving at Shark Reef and Yolanda Reef.
- Check out Anemone City at Shark Reef.
- SS Thistlegorm wreck dive.
- Other activies include jeep safaris, horsebackriding, quad bikes, camel trekking.
- Entry is Free.
- Tour guided activities will cost you.
- Book a diving safari to avoid the crowds.
- Tourist must leave park at sunset.
- The park is usually heavily crowded.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharm El-sheikh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharm El-sheikh and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sharm El-sheikh include Ras Mohamed National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.47% of people start their Ras Mohamed National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ras Mohamed National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ras Mohamed National Park
Amazing nature reserve with very beautiful attractions to visit and multiple beaches where you can enjoy snorkeling and swimming. Roads need improvement to encourage more family trips.
It's an amazing place.. Scuba diving, boat cruise, lunch, party, snorkeling and fun
Great site seeing. No services. closes at 4pm so go early
Amazing place definitely one of the places to visit als tourists. There are different areas with sings on telling you more about the place and its history
Very good , if you want to visit natural area , you should visit Ras Mohamed , it is my love area :)