Ras Mohamed National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm el-Sheikh, Sinai Peninsula, Egypt
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +20-693660668
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, National Park, Garden, Safari, Wildlife Safari, Leisure, Family And Kids, Nature
Ras Mohamed National Park - Review
Hey! Help solve a long debate. Does the contour of the cliff at the headland of this park really look like a bearded man’s face? Enough important people thought so that the place is literally named Mohamed’s Head. 480-square kilometres and encompassing the islands of Tiran and Sanafir, the park is a stupendous natural preserve of migratory birds, coral, thousands of fish (barracudas and sharks included), turtles, and a mangrove forest among other things. Its ecosystem includes marine life, desert life and swamp life – an unusual combo. They say the coral here is among the world’s most unusual and grand, making this one of the world’s most popular diving spots
The attractions are listed as:
- The Eel Garden – very literally named.
- The Main Beach- vertical coral walls. Access is restricted to the left side of the bay.
- The Old Quay - shallow water reef structure; water is calm but less crystal clear.
- Marsa Bareika – truly brilliant corals.
- Mangrove Channel - birdie-magnets; many migratory birds like Herons, Osprey. Etc.
- Diving at Shark Reef and Yolanda Reef.
- Check out Anemone City at Shark Reef.
- SS Thistlegorm wreck dive.
- Other activies include jeep safaris, horsebackriding, quad bikes, camel trekking.
Ras Mohamed National Park Information
- Entry is Free.
- Tour guided activities will cost you.
- Book a diving safari to avoid the crowds.
- Tourist must leave park at sunset.
- The park is usually heavily crowded.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharm El-sheikh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharm El-sheikh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ras Mohamed National Park
95% of people who visit Sharm El-sheikh include Ras Mohamed National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.47% of people start their Ras Mohamed National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ras Mohamed National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ras Mohamed National Park
Ras Mohamed National Park Trips
2 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Sharm El-sheikh from CairoBy: Guest UserCity: Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Sharm El-sheikh
Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm El-sheikh Reviews
Amazing nature reserve with very beautiful attractions to visit and multiple beaches where you can enjoy snorkeling and swimming. Roads need improvement to encourage more family trips.
Ras Mohammad is a national park in Egypt at the southern extreme of the Sinai Peninsula, overlooking the Gulf of Suez on the west and the Gulf of Aqaba to the east.
Beautiful natural reserve, the water is amazing and here I found the best reef with the highest amount of fishes around. The "magic lake" and the "mangrovie" growing in the Sea water. Wonderful, I want to come back by boat this time.
Visited few years back, its like heaven on Earth. Simply breath taking. Divers paradise.
Some of the best diving and snorkeling in the world! Pristine water and unique desert beauty throughout the National Park. Worth hiring a guide to provide some history and understanding of the area. Can also have a catered lunch under a tent overlooking the Red Sea.