Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm El-sheikh
About Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm El-sheikh
Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm El-sheikh - Address, Phone Number
Address: Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm el-Sheikh, Sinai Peninsula, Egypt
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 5.4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Beach, National Park, Garden, Safari, Wildlife Safari, Leisure, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Hey! Help solve a long debate. Does the contour of the cliff at the headland of this park really look like a bearded man’s face? Enough important people thought so that the place is literally named Mohamed’s Head. 480-square kilometres and encompassing the islands of Tiran and Sanafir, the park is a stupendous natural preserve of migratory birds, coral, thousands of fish (barracudas and sharks included), turtles, and a mangrove forest among other things. Its ecosystem includes marine life, desert life and swamp life – an unusual combo. They say the coral here is among the world’s most unusual and grand, making this one of the world’s most popular diving spots
The attractions are listed as:
- The Eel Garden – very literally named.
- The Main Beach- vertical coral walls. Access is restricted to the left side of the bay.
- The Old Quay - shallow water reef structure; water is calm but less crystal clear.
- Marsa Bareika – truly brilliant corals.
- Mangrove Channel - birdie-magnets; many migratory birds like Herons, Osprey. Etc.
- Diving at Shark Reef and Yolanda Reef.
- Check out Anemone City at Shark Reef.
- SS Thistlegorm wreck dive.
- Other activies include jeep safaris, horsebackriding, quad bikes, camel trekking.
Ras Mohamed National Park Information
- Entry is Free.
- Tour guided activities will cost you.
- Book a diving safari to avoid the crowds.
- Tourist must leave park at sunset.
- The park is usually heavily crowded.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharm El-sheikh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharm El-sheikh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm El-sheikh Reviews - Write a Review
Nice diving sites. In august 28C seawater temperature. Sun dreams safari.
The most beautiful place in Sharm and the most relaxing experience. I cant emphasis how much i love this place. True bless!
I went there only twice but I wish i could go there every year ❤❤ to enjoy the ravishing nature and the amazing weather there 😍
Large but secluded nature reserve, with many things to offer - many beaches mostly for diving and snorkeling; two pristine sand beaches for (sun)bathing; a salt lake; mangroves; sheer cliffs to reach vantage points. Arrival by car, driving in allowed and recommended, small entrance fee, passport required;
Nice diving spots in Ras Mohamed. Reefs are somewhat different from those around Nama Bay; maybe more colorful too. Going there is a bit of a pain though, but still worth the trip.
- Nearby Attractions
- Mount Sinai
- Karnak Temples
- Saint Catherine's Monastery
- Barceló Tiran Sharm
- Sharm El-sheikh Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Sharm El-sheikh
- What to See in 48 Hours in Sharm El-sheikh
- What to See in 72 Hours in Sharm El-sheikh
- How to Spend 5 Days in Sharm El-sheikh
- How to Spend 6 Days in Sharm El-sheikh
- How to Spend 7 Days in Sharm El-sheikh