Ras Mohamed National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm el-Sheikh, Sinai Peninsula, Egypt
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +20-693660668
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, National Park, Garden, Safari, Wildlife Safari, Leisure, Family And Kids, Nature
Ras Mohamed National Park - Review
Hey! Help solve a long debate. Does the contour of the cliff at the headland of this park really look like a bearded man’s face? Enough important people thought so that the place is literally named Mohamed’s Head. 480-square kilometres and encompassing the islands of Tiran and Sanafir, the park is a stupendous natural preserve of migratory birds, coral, thousands of fish (barracudas and sharks included), turtles, and a mangrove forest among other things. Its ecosystem includes marine life, desert life and swamp life – an unusual combo. They say the coral here is among the world’s most unusual and grand, making this one of the world’s most popular diving spots
The attractions are listed as:
- The Eel Garden – very literally named.
- The Main Beach- vertical coral walls. Access is restricted to the left side of the bay.
- The Old Quay - shallow water reef structure; water is calm but less crystal clear.
- Marsa Bareika – truly brilliant corals.
- Mangrove Channel - birdie-magnets; many migratory birds like Herons, Osprey. Etc.
- Diving at Shark Reef and Yolanda Reef.
- Check out Anemone City at Shark Reef.
- SS Thistlegorm wreck dive.
- Other activies include jeep safaris, horsebackriding, quad bikes, camel trekking.
Ras Mohamed National Park Information
- Entry is Free.
- Tour guided activities will cost you.
- Book a diving safari to avoid the crowds.
- Tourist must leave park at sunset.
- The park is usually heavily crowded.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sharm El-sheikh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sharm El-sheikh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ras Mohamed National Park
95% of people who visit Sharm El-sheikh include Ras Mohamed National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
81.54% of people start their Ras Mohamed National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ras Mohamed National Park
94.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ras Mohamed National Park
Ras Mohamed National Park Map
Ras Mohamed National Park Trips
1 View16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria, ShBy: Guest UserCity: Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, Aswan, Sharm El-sheikh
1 View2 Days 1 Night2 Day Trip to Sharm El-sheikh from Sharm El-sheikhBy: Guest UserCity: Sharm El-sheikh
Ras Mohamed National Park, Sharm El-sheikh Reviews
Some of the best diving and snorkeling in the world! Pristine water and unique desert beauty throughout the National Park. Worth hiring a guide to provide some history and understanding of the area. Can also have a catered lunch under a tent overlooking the Red Sea.
Wow place for swimming and snorkeling nice coral reefs light blue water the mountains around are amazing there are many unique types of fish are available it's ten minutes away from sharm el sheikh it is worth visiting but one should have a bottle of water there because it is usually hot there
Wonderful time snorkeling here. Don't be expecting the Great Barrier Reef (nothing beats that reef) but still very pretty and plenty to see.
Ras Mohamed has quite possibly some of the best scuba diving sites in the world, there's not a lot that you can't see here.
The most beautiful place in Sharm and the most relaxing experience. I cant emphasis how much i love this place. True bless!
All QuestionsRas mohamed national park
- La Teñada
- Iglesia De Santa María Del Azogue
- Biblioteca Publica
- Iglesia De San Juan
- Conjunto Histórico Artístico De Valderas
- Plaza De Toros De Valderas
- Promocion Servicios Culturales Recreativos
- Bodega Casto Pequeño
- Ayuntamiento De Valderas
- Museo Parroquial De Valderas
- Bodega Vinos De La Ribera De La Cea S.coop
- Parroquia De Riudaura
- Castillo De Los Davila
- Antonia Pereda Diaz
- Castillo De Puente Del Congosto