Rivelin Valley Nature Trail205 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Starts Malin Bridge | Rivelin Valley, Sheffield, S6 5FG, England, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +44-112555202
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, Outdoors, Water Body, Park, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Ancient Ruin, Cafe, Water Sport, Lake, Boating, Nature
Get away from the hustle-bustle of the city life and land yourself in the beautiful nature trail in Rivelin Valley. This beautiful, green valley, through which flows the River Rivelin, is a three and a half mile long woodland valley, which includes the popular Rivelin Valley Nature Trail that was created in 1967. Since then, it has become a popular destination and a tourist attraction. It serves as a serene and invigorating retreat into nature.
The trail, running alongside a placid water stream, little waterfalls, lakes and ponds that are surrounded by trees and bushes, is truly tranquil. The Valley is a beautiful and a hugely interesting area of Sheffield, with its delicate and diverse flora. This trail follows the river westwards from Malin Bridge for approximately two miles. Although today the river, woodland and wildlife are the main attractions for most people, the remains of the mills, dams and workshops scattered along the way are a fascinating reminder that the valley was once at the heart of Sheffield's grinding and metal industries. The RivelinHotel, on the north side of the valley, is a great spot for refreshment en-route.
Rivelin Valley Park is a public recreational area which falls on the trail. It’s known for its paddling pools that feature three large splash pads with anti-slip surfacing, a variety of water play equipment such as jets, sprinklers, bucket drops and water tables and ramped access with handrails into the paddling pool. There are well-serviced toilets and a café that provides good refreshments if you are spending and need to grab a bite. All in all, a great way to spend your day.
Rivelin Valley Nature Trail Travel Tips
- Rains can get muddy. Make sure to check the weather before commencing your journey.
- Remember to save enough daylight for the return journey, as bus rides are not round trip, and the returning buses are very infrequent.
- Carry a camera.
Rivelin Valley Nature Trail Hours
- Although the trail is open for access without time barriers, the refreshment cafes sure do have their hours.
- Millhouse Park Cafe– 09:00 am–05:00 pm; Rivelin Park Cafe– 09:00 am–04:00 pm.
How to Reach Rivelin Valley Nature Trail
- TM Bus services 723, 725 from Sheffield Exchange. First Bus Company services 51 and 95.
- Tram to Malin Bridge is another option.
- Millhouse Park Cafe
- Rivelin Park Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sheffield before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sheffield and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.73% of people who visit Sheffield include Rivelin Valley Nature Trail in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
45.69% of people start their Rivelin Valley Nature Trail visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Rivelin Valley Nature Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rivelin Valley Nature Trail