Tropical Butterfly House, Sheffield
Tropical Butterfly House, Sheffield - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Tropical Butterfly House, Woodsetts Road, Hunger Hill Farm, North Anston, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S25 4EQ, UK
Ticket Price: 8 GBP
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 3.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Wildlife Sanctuary , Zoo, Play Ground, Educational Site, Cafe, Family And Kids, Nature, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Tropical Butterfly House, Sheffield
Prepare to be transported into a Disney Dream World, where trilling Sparrows perch upon your palms and Meerkats peek at you while munching on their meal. Fresh, green leaves will surround you and your loved ones as you wander through this soothing, organic environment. This is also a fabulous place to learn about animals, while admiring them at the same time. Interactive, intriguing and inspiring, the Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife and Falconry Centre in Sheffield will foster joy in the hearts of everyone –young and old.
The Tropical Butterfly House is a sultry enclosure, where butterflies of different sizes and colours flit and flutter through the air. Accompanying these flickering fairies are feisty birds and Egyptian fruit bats, singing and gliding through the air. As wings stretch out up above you, you’ll find an incredible array of life just around your ankles! Cute Iguanas and sneaky Chameleons will slyly watch you from behind green leaves and down below, all kinds of bugs, including glow in the dark Scorpions, go on with their daily business. The Meerkat Mansion is the abode of a family of adorable, fuzzy meerkats. What initially started out as 3 meerkats has now grown to a family of 14 all headed by Mrs. Meerkat.
Come and meet Simples, Fizzy, Buttons, Crunchie, Twix and the whole large eyed, button nosed gang! The Small Animal House is sure to be a huge hit with little kids as it’s home to the Centre’s tiniest members, namely the guinea pigs, rabbits, chicks and chipmunks. Lemur Heights, the newest exhibit, is a walk-through Lemur enclosure where these extraverted little guys roam freely.
There are also more interactive areas, where you can feed the animals and watch some of them perform incredible tricks. You can tip toe around the ducks and geese in the Farm Barn and offer them some munchies in return for their friendship. Gloriously large Giant Continental Rabbits await you, as does Corrie the Shetland Pony! Animal food is purchasable in the premises. The most spectacular exhibit, titled Birds of Prey, feature large Owls, Falcons, Hawks, Kites, Vultures and more! This is where you’ll meet Jet, Sonic and Rogue, Black Kite siblings determined to show off their aerial acrobatics, as are the McCawsAlfie, Kato, Che, Esteban.
The real star of the program is Odin, a raven who solves puzzles, paints and plays fetch with aplomb. Another treat is the daily Parrot Display; colourful and remarkably talented birds from Australia, South America and Africa who spend their hours playing basketball, skateboarding and chatting up whoever’s closest!
After playing with and learning about all these critters, you can finally relax at Butterfly Cafe. Kids can tumble around in the Realm of Camelot adventure playground or channelize their energy creatively at the indoor Activity and Craft Center. This beautiful place is also a great site for picnics and birthday parties, both of which they make special arrangements for.
Tropical Butterfly House Information
- You can’t feed Corrie the Shetland pony due to her delicate digestive system.
- The birds used in the displays may vary as they allow all of their birds’ time to rest from demonstrations. The free-flying bird displays may not take place or may be shortened due to adverse weather conditions – if this is the case, the Presenters will announce any changes to the scheduled show and put on an alternative encounter wherever possible.
- If you have a pet parrot you’d like trained, you can do that here!
- Feel free to ask as many questions as you’d like.
- No dogs or pets are allowed on site.
- CCTV is in use throughout the premises and you may be featured in photographs for marketing/advertising purposes.
Tropical Butterfly House Ticket Prices
- Child: £7.95 (Under 3 years of age are admitted free of cost).
- Explorer Family Pass: £32 (for 2 adults and 2 children); Ranger Family Pass: £40 (for 2 adults and 3 children).
- Student/OAP: £8.50 (for Student or NUS Card to be presented to claim student concession).
- Tropical Butterfly House Membership: Adults £40.00, Children £32.00, OAP/Student £38.00.
- An official care taker will be admitted free of charge when accompanying a full paying child or adult.
Tropical Butterfly House Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings for school and Bank holidays: 10:00am - 5:30pm.
How To reach Tropical Butterfly House by Public Transport
- The nearest train stations are Worksop (5 miles away) and Kiveton Park (3 miles away).
- Bus services operate from Rotherham, Sheffield and Worksop – please contact South Yorkshire Travel Line on +44-1709515151 for further information.
Restaurants Near Tropical Butterfly House
- Cafe Rouge (French/Moderate)
- Anston Chinese (Chinese/Moderate)
- The Royal Elephant Restaurant (Thai)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sheffield before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sheffield and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tropical Butterfly House, Sheffield Reviews - Write a Review
An excellent day out for a group of toddlers. They loved the animals, and the play equipment. Maybe not enough attractions to maintain an older child for a whole day, and you can see how they have grown with a few "why is that there" moments - but overall we had great fun. The flying bird display was great fun with some quality Halloween themed acting from the birds.
I am a regular visitor and hold a yearly membership. This is a great place for any toddlers or children that love outdoors and animals. The animals are wide ranging and the staff are super friendly and always happy to help. If you get there early you can get the food pots (for £5) and feed a wide range of animals. The play area and outdoors water area are great in summer and we recently went for the halloween festivities of which i can say were excellent.
Visited today, first time in years. It has altered a lot with many more animals. It is a lovely place with lots to see and do. Very friendly, helpful staff. Overall a really enjoyable day out. One thing, I think the door on the actual butterfly house should be on a lock system as people were stood with the door wide open for a while and I actually saw a butterfly fly out and why weren't the lemurs allowed out into their big enclosure. They were all indoors with only access to a small space outside.
Great day out for my daughter's 2nd birthday something for all the family to enjoy. Loved the experience holding the snake,stick insect and cockroach and a man that knew everything there was to know about all the animals. Will be visiting again but in the summer.
Great to with kids who like animals. The shows are good and plenty of different playgrounds for all ages. If it's a cold day the tropical house is always warm and the butterflies sometimes get close to you.