'9.18' Historical MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: No.46 Wanghua South Street, Huanan, Dadong District, Shenyang 110003, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86024-24842454
- Ticket Price: 20 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Historical Site, Memorial, Family And Kids, Exhibition
The Sino-Japanese wars have left dark imprints on the history of China. The '9.18' Historical Museum is a symbol of Chinese tolerance and resistance against the then powerful Imperialistic regime of Japan.
The The '9.18' Historical Museum was built in 1999 to commemorate the dastardly invasion of Japanese troops into Shenyang. The bombing event called the Manchurian Incident occurred on September 18, 1931. The museum is spread over 32,000 square metres area and showcases history of these invasion and atrocities that followed through eight distinct halls. The museum exclusively exhibits the items and artefacts between 1931 and1945. It marks the end of World War II and rise of Communism in China.
'9.18' Historical Museum Travel Tips
- The museum is a symbol of Chinese patriotism. Refrain from making political comments inside the building.
- Photography and video recording is restricted.
- The museum is a friendly place for physically-challenged visitors.
- The documents and relics are labelled with tags in Chinese. You may need a English translation App to understand the manuscripts and archives.
- The building is a national heritage enlisted as a calendar date monument.
How to Reach '9.18' Historical Museum
- Nearest Railway Station: Shenyang Railway Station
- Sophie's World Bar
- Club 97
- The Bee House
- Somerset Heping
- Wanda Vista
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Shenyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shenyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.33% of people who visit Shenyang include '9.18' Historical Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
61.39% of people start their '9.18' Historical Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see '9.18' Historical Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting '9.18' Historical Museum