Marshall Zhang MansionCurrently Closed
- Address: No.4 Shaoshuaifu Alley, Chao Yang Street, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110011, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: 024-24842454
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Historical Site, War Memorial
One of the most iconic military residences of 20th century China, the Marshall Chang Museum is the former residence of Zhang Zuolin and Zhang Xueliang. Built in 1914, the mansion is still a very strong structure with well-preserved interiors and furnishings.
Marshall Chang Mansion is a symbol of China that evolved from a ruined Imperial empire to a nuclear superpower within a few decades. The house was the official residence of the Chinese warlord named Chang Tso-lin and his son Zhang Xueliang. The building has been constructed in Gothic style and has enticing Chinese cement grillwork with fence pillars around it. The Chinese history from the 18th century till World War II is well documented and preserved in the house. The 74-room building still exudes the jingoist appeal from its every corner.
- The building exhibited documents and historical accounts of Chinese culture to mark the “the Centenary of Zhang Xueliang’s Birth.
- The documents and relics are labelled with tags in Chinese. You may need a English translation App to understand the manuscripts and archives.
- The building is a national heritage. Refrain from making any serious political comment around it.
- Nearest Railway Station: Shenyang railway station.
- Bus No: 222, 228, 257, 276, 287, 290, 292, 294, 296; Bus stop: Chao yang street
- Sophie's World Bar
- Club 97
- The Bee House
- Somerset Heping
- Wanda Vista
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shenyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shenyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.46% of people who visit Shenyang include Marshall Zhang Mansion in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
69.64% of people start their Marshall Zhang Mansion visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Marshall Zhang Mansion
90.54% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marshall Zhang Mansion