Shenyang Imperial Palace, Shenyang
Shenyang Imperial Palace - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: No.171 Shenyang Road, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110011, China
Ticket Price: 60 CNY
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Museum, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Our customisable travel planner helps you make your own itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Shenyang Imperial Palace, Shenyang
The Shenyang Imperial Palace served as the fourth royal base for the Qing Dynasty. The palace serves as a museum palace now since 1955. Included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage List in 2004, the city’s Imperial Palace represents the Golden Era of Chinese royalty.
The only existing palace built to mimic the Forbidden City, Shenyang Imperial Palace covers a massive ground area of 60,000 square metres. It was built in ethnic Han-styled layout and architecture. It is greatly influenced by the Mongol, Manchu, Tibetan and Ming culture. The octagonal platform is laid with glazed yellow tiles instlled with Kang heating systems. It is home to many ancient relics. Major highlights of the palace museum are Dazheng Hall, the Ten Princes' Pavilion, Golden Chimes, Phoenix Chamber and Qingning Pavilion. The Iimperial Jade seal and The Tiger-veined Double-Edged Sword are star attractions in the palace.
Shenyang Imperial Palace Information
- The palace is locally called as Shenyang Gugong.
- The old name of the palace is Mukden Imperial Palace.
- It is less crowded in the morning and hence best time to visit.
- There are over 10,000 relics in the palace housed in over 100 buildings. Take a guided tour around the palace.
- Some parts are under renovation. They may be closed to common tourists.
- Keep the ID handy as the palace has a restricted passage way.
How To reach Shenyang Imperial Palace by Public Transport
- Nearest Railway Station:Shenyang railway station.
- Bus No: 17, 118, 132, 140, 213, 222, 228, 257, 276, 287, 290, 292, 294, 296; Bus stop:Gugong Station.
Restaurants Near Shenyang Imperial Palace
- Cafe Lido
- Lao BianJiaozi Restaurant
- Xita Korea Town
- La Bellevue
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shenyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shenyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shenyang Imperial Palace, Shenyang Reviews
- Attractions near Shenyang Imperial Palace
- Fuling Tomb And Dongling Park
- Zhongshan Park
- Nanhu Park
- Beishi Chang Shopping Area
- Liaoning Provincial Museum
- Nanguan Catholic Church
- Shen-air Museum
- Steam Locomotive Museum
- Xinglong Indoor Park
- Zhong Jie Shopping Area
- Xinle Site Museum
- Former Residence Of Zhang Xueliang