Shenyang Imperial PalaceCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
The Shenyang Imperial Palace served as the fourth royal base for the Qing Dynasty. The palace serves as a museum palace now since 1955. Included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage List in 2004, the city’s Imperial Palace represents the Golden Era of Chinese royalty.
The only existing palace built to mimic the Forbidden City, Shenyang Imperial Palace covers a massive ground area of 60,000 square metres. It was built in ethnic Han-styled layout and architecture. It is greatly influenced by the Mongol, Manchu, Tibetan and Ming culture. The octagonal platform is laid with glazed yellow tiles instlled with Kang heating systems. It is home to many ancient relics. Major highlights of the palace museum are Dazheng Hall, the Ten Princes' Pavilion, Golden Chimes, Phoenix Chamber and Qingning Pavilion. The Iimperial Jade seal and The Tiger-veined Double-Edged Sword are star attractions in the palace.
- The palace is locally called as Shenyang Gugong.
- The old name of the palace is Mukden Imperial Palace.
- It is less crowded in the morning and hence best time to visit.
- There are over 10,000 relics in the palace housed in over 100 buildings. Take a guided tour around the palace.
- Some parts are under renovation. They may be closed to common tourists.
- Keep the ID handy as the palace has a restricted passage way.
- Nearest Railway Station:Shenyang railway station.
- Bus No: 17, 118, 132, 140, 213, 222, 228, 257, 276, 287, 290, 292, 294, 296; Bus stop:Gugong Station.
- Cafe Lido
- Lao BianJiaozi Restaurant
- Xita Korea Town
- La Bellevue
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shenyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shenyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Shenyang include Shenyang Imperial Palace in their plan
73.68% of people start their Shenyang Imperial Palace visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Shenyang Imperial Palace
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shenyang Imperial Palace