Steam Locomotive MuseumCurrently Open
Built in the year 2002, the Shenyang Steam Locomotive Museum is located inside the Shenyang Botanical Garden. The museum houses few of the rarest locomotives to have ever chugged over rails. It consists of locomotive collection from nine countries that includes the likes of US, Germany, Japan, Czech, Poland, Romania, Britain, China and USSR.
The museum covers an area of over 11,000 square meters bearing the Neo-Chinese architecture. The half moon-shaped hall leads to the upper storeys with stairs on both sides. The garden area has exotic flower beds from Asiatic jungles and Himalayas. Most of the locomotives exhibited here were from the late 19th century and early 20th century.
Steam Locomotive Museum Travel Tips
- The oldest locomotive in the museum is the DBI type locomotive made by the US in 1907.
- Another star locomotive is the Kawasaki locomotive. The SL7 by Japan Heavy Industry Co. Ltd and the Chinese JS locomotive also draw large number of tourists.
- Tourists are not allowed to enter beyond 4 pm as the ticket counters close then.
How to Reach Steam Locomotive Museum
- Bus No: 324, 327, 333, 335
- Bus stop: Liaoning ZhongyiZhijiXueyuan/BeiJiu Lu
- Man-Han Banquet
- Lao BianJiaozi Restaurant
- Xita Korea Town
- La Bellevue
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Shenyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shenyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.66% of people who visit Shenyang include Steam Locomotive Museum in their plan
66.67% of people start their Steam Locomotive Museum visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Steam Locomotive Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Steam Locomotive Museum