Taiqing PalaceCurrently Open
- Address: No.16 Xishuncheng Street, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110014, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 024-22727906
- Ticket Price: 15 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids
Taiqing Palace is the largest and one of the grandest temple residences in Laoshan. The palace has around 140 rooms and halls exquisitely carved with fine designs and stone engravings. The tower has a leaning appeal as it overlooks the Yellow Sea towards the coast from the foot of Laojun Peak.
The Taiqing Palace was built in the 11th century by the Emperor of Northern Song Dynasty. The palace is believed to have been built on a nunnery established in 140 BC. It was rebuilt in the Ming Dynasty in around 16th century. The major highlights of the palace include the Three God’s Hall, Three Purities Hall and the Three Emperor’s Hall. The Shengshui Spring is a perennial pool of clear blue water just in front of the Tree Purities Halls.
Taiqing Palace Travel Tips
- The palace is also called as the Xia Palace and the Xia Qing gong.
- The official tablet of Qublai Kan and Ghenghis Khan are housed inside the palace.
- There is a ropeway from the Yakou station to reach the top of the mountain peak.
- Reserve your bookings in the bus as there are limited bus services from Shenyang.
How to Reach Taiqing Palace
- Nearest Railway Station: Zhangjiao
- Bus No: 304, 106; Bus stop: Xischucheng/ Yakou station
- Cafe Lido
- Lao BianJiaozi Restaurant
- Xita Korea Town
- La Bellevue
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Shenyang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shenyang and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.14% of people who visit Shenyang include Taiqing Palace in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90% of people start their Taiqing Palace visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Taiqing Palace
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Taiqing Palace