How to Reach Shillong - The Easiest Way to Reach Shillong
- By Air: Travel to Shillong is a memorable experience in itself. Shillong has no proper connectivity through rail and air ways. The nearest airport is the Umroi airport and has very limited flights.
- By Bus: But Shillong is well connected by roadways and the national highway 40 in India connects it with Guwahati and the National highway 44 connects Shillong with Tripura and Mizoram. Shillong has daily bus plight to and fro by both private and state run bus operators.
- By Taxi: In some places taxi service is also available, especially in its north eastern towns and cities.
- By Bus/Taxi: Public buses are available that can take you to most of the tourist places in Shillong, But the best way to get around is by hiring a taxi. Shillong tour guide also lists some companies for hiring the taxis.
Are you looking for a Shillong travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Shillong
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Shillong. The most preferred mode of transport in Shillong is Walking.
Average distance: 14 km Average time: 52.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 30 min Overall average time for 4 kms 30 min
Car 50%Driving 75 min Overall average time for 24 kms 75 min
How to Reach Shillong from Nearby Cities
|Guwahati to Shillong||118.99 km||2 hours 30 mins|
- How to reach Cherrapunji
- How to reach Tyrna
- How to reach Shnongpdeng
- How to reach Dawki
- How to reach Guwahati
- How to reach Mandira Pathar
- How to reach Fulertal
- How to reach Uttar Salmara Pt Ii
- How to reach Kalupara
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai