Are you looking for what to do in Shillong?
PLACES TO SEE
There are a variety of places to visit in Shillong with abundant natural beauty. Shillong sightseeing is a memorable experience for nature lovers and shutterbugs.
- Waterfalls: Waterfalls are inevitable in every Shillong travel guide. Spread eagle waterfall, Sweet falls, Elephant falls, Bishop and Beadon falls.
- Museums: Capt. Williamson Sangma State Museum, Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures, Butterfly museum, Air force Museum. Shillong sightseeing is incomplete without visiting these museums.
- Parks and Lakes: Lady Hydari Park, Ward’s lake, Umiam Lake are one of the most scenic places to see in Shillong.
- Cathedral Catholic Church: A classic gothic architecture religious center and one of the must visit religious places to visit in Shillong.
- Golf course: Largest and only natural golf course in Asia located in a scenic valley surrounded by pine and rhododendron trees, which is also home to many varieties of birds. Shillong tour guide has a special mention of this golf course and being is here is a pleasant experience.
- Shillong peak: An alluring viewpoint of the entire city and one of the best places to see in Shillong.
THINGS TO DO
The innate silence and nature’s beauty truly vested in the rolling hills and the in the pine grooves of Shillong are definitely something what we won’t find in the busy metros. The tourist places in Shillong are in itself an enjoyable place to relax. Though there are limited options for night life and night clubs in the place, travelers can still get them occupied with the following:
- Shillong markets (Police Bazaar): Shopping in Shillong can be fun. Shillong has got the best markets to buy some oranges, original honey and hand woven shawls. Cane handicrafts are also specialties of the state.
- Bara Bazaar: Otherwise termed the Lewduh market is a place for colorful Jamboree and is a hub for million activities on the lewduh, the first day of the commencement of the Kasi week.
Below we have a list of things to do in Shillong and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Shillong getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Shillong with confidence.