Visit Shimla - Best of Shimla
Known as the queen of hill stations, Shimla is indeed one of the most beautiful destinations in India. With beauty that never fails to charm its visitors, a climate that will brighten up your mood and a town setting that will take you back to the classic European times, Shimla is one of the finest Himalayan towns and there are so many reasons you can be here for.
The seven hills that adorn the town, the diverse natural sites and colonial buildings are good reason to plan a trip to Shimla. This beautiful city still exudes a British aura that reflects through its architecture and set up. During the British regime, the city was better known as the summer capital of India, an epithet that still clings on to it till today. The city colonial mansions, quaint cottages and ridge area reminds us of the past when British officers and their families used to populate it. If history is not enough, just marvelling at the alluring nature will make you want to visit this place again and again! Enveloped with magnificent deodar and pine trees, Shimla looks alluring enough for you to fall in love with it. Some of the most beautiful heritage hotels and gorgeous resorts find a place in its terrain, thereby making your stay a memorable one.
Shimla Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Shimla tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Indian Time Zone, UTC+05:30hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency used in Shimla is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: 220-240 volts, alternating at 50 cycles per second.
- Internet: 3G connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Shimla is Hindi.
- Security: Police: 100, Fire Station: 101, Ambulance: 102, Traffic: 2652217
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Do not forget to carry a strong pair of shoes for walking and strolling on the mountains. If you are travelling to Shimla in winters, take woollens that include sweaters, jackets, caps and socks.
- Always fix the amount to be paid to the guide before embarking on the journey. This will avoid any confusion later on.
Are you looking for a Shimla travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Shimla Tourist Information
Shimla Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Shimla
Save 7%Private Half Day Temple Tour in ShimlaNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
During this temple tour, you will explore the beauty, culture and traditions of three of Shimla's most famous temples. Follow...
Save 6%Private Half Day Local Shopping Tour of ShimlaNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Shimla is most well known for the hill station or Queen of Hills, but the city offers so much more. The state is concentrated...
Save 6%Half-Day Guided Walking Tour from Shimla with LunchNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Traverse Shimla's chaotic and vibrant urban landscape and learn about Indian culture on this half-day guided walking tour. Ex...
More about Shimla
Secret Destinations In India You Didn't Know AboutExplore secret Indian destinations: When you're in the mood for some travelling what are the places that you look at? Manchanabele in Karnataka, Sualkuchi,etc.
Incredibly Beautiful Lakes of IndiaIndia is blessed with large number of stunning lakes. Here is a list of top famous lakes in India which are popular among birdwatchers, hikers and nature buffs.
8 Intriguing Tunnels In India8 Intriguing Tunnels In India- List includes longest and highest tunnels in India. Also includes under construction tunnels in India.