Events and Festivals in Shimla
- The Summer festival celebrated at the Ridge in the months of April and May is worth catching up.
- Also worth being at is the Ice skating carnival held in the months of December to February, where you can indulge in ice sports like skiing, ice-skating or simple throwing snowballs! Any Shimla itinerary is incomplete without the fun in the snow!
- Throughout the year, Shimla witnesses numerous fairs and festivals and that just adds to its vibrant atmosphere. Below is the month wise list of events and festivals celebrated in Shimla.
- December, January and February: During these months, the Ice Skating Carnival is organised in Shimla. Travel junkies and adventure lovers from all over India visit Shimla to indulge in some ice skating.
- May: Shimla Summer Festival is celebrated across Shimla and is a great platform for people to showcase their talent. There’s music, dance, food and colour everywhere in Shimla, during this festival.
- June and July: Rhyali festival is celebrated in Shimla in which rain gods are worshipped so that the rains don’t affect the upcoming crop. It is one of the most important festivals in Shimla.
- November: Bhoj Fair is another important festival which is celebrated in Shimla in which people worship the presiding deity Devta Bansor.
Trip plans for Shimla
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Shimla
Shimla Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Shimla
Save 8%Private Half Day Temple Tour in ShimlaNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
During this temple tour, you will explore the beauty, culture and traditions of three of Shimla's most famous temples. Follow...
Half-Day Guided Walking Tour from Shimla with LunchNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Traverse Shimla's chaotic and vibrant urban landscape and learn about Indian culture on this half-day guided walking tour. Ex...Book Now
Save 6%Private Half Day Local Shopping Tour of ShimlaNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Shimla is most well known for the hill station or Queen of Hills, but the city offers so much more. The state is concentrated...
- Events & Festivals in Kasauli
- Events & Festivals in Chandigarh
- Events & Festivals in Kullu
- Events & Festivals in Mussoorie
- Events & Festivals in Dehradun
- Events & Festivals in Dharamshala
- Events & Festivals in Dalhousie
- Events & Festivals in Lansdowne
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Mumbai
- Events & Festivals in Delhi
- Events & Festivals in Chennai
- Events & Festivals in Jaipur