Himachal State Museum5722 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Near Doordarshan Kendra, Chaura Maidan, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171004, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1772659934
- Ticket Price: 100 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
This museum thrives to collect and preserve ancient artistic, historical, archaeological and ethnological human works so that the future generation may have access to the cultural treasure that it has inherited from the past. The institution has played a significant role in collecting and preserving the scattered cultural heritage which otherwise was endangered and becoming extinct.
Housed in an old Victorian mansion, the museum is a socio-cultural centre of Shimla and displays art and collectives of varied range.
Himachal State Museum Travel Tips
- Camera has a separate entry fee of INR 100.
- Videography requires permission.
Entrance Ticket Details For Himachal State Museum
- Indian: Rs. 20.00
- Foreigner: Rs. 100.00
- Indian: 50.00
- Foreigner: 100.00
- Research scholars: 100.00
- Videography: Rs. 1500.00 (With special permission)
Himachal State Museum Hours
- Museum remains closed on Gazetted holidays.
How to Reach Himachal State Museum
- You can get there by a Bus or a taxi.
- Hotel Harsha
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Shimla before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shimla and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Himachal State Museum Address: Near Doordarshan Kendra, Chaura Maidan, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171004, India
- Himachal State Museum Contact Number: +91-1772659934
- Himachal State Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Himachal State Museum Price: 100 INR
- Best time to visit Himachal State Museum(preferred time): 01:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Himachal State Museum: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
55.84% of people who visit Shimla include Himachal State Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45% of people start their Himachal State Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Himachal State Museum
94.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Himachal State Museum
People normally club together Himalayan Bird Park and Summer Hill while planning their visit to Himachal State Museum.