How to Reach Shimla, India
The Easiest Way to Reach Shimla
- By Air: You can reach to Shimla by taking a flight to New Delhi, which has an international airport connecting to almost all the countries in the world. After that, you can reach Shimla by road via a hired transport or bus.The National Highway 22 (NH 22) connects Shimla to the city of Chandigarh. Chandigarh also has an airport connected to all the major cities of India.
- By Train: A train ride to Shimla will prove to be the most memorable one. The nearest station is Kalka Railway station that connects to most of the major cities of India. There are quite a good number of trains from the cities like Delhi and Calcutta. After you get down at Kalka station, you can get on the Toy train and experience that vintage charm.
- By Bus: There are a number of private and government operators that run direct buses to Shimla from major cities such as Delhi and Chandigarh.
- In Shimla transport is mainly by bus or private vehicles. Buses are frequently found on the circular road surrounding the city centre (British influence). Tourist taxis are an option for further or out of town trips. The city is typically travelled on foot. Private vehicles aren't allowed on the mall road, ridge, and the markets.
- Auto rickshaws found in the rest of India are absent due to narrow streets and steep slopes. Travel in Shimla is easy and affordable.
Are you looking for a Shimla travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Shimla from Nearby Cities
|Parwanoo to Shimla||24.8 km||24 mins|
|Baddi to Shimla||42.63 km||42 mins|
|Chandigarh to Shimla||121.13 km||1 hour 48 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Shimla
- How to reach Kasauli
- How to reach Chandigarh
- How to reach Kullu
- How to reach Mussoorie
- How to reach Dehradun
- How to reach Dharamshala
- How to reach Dalhousie
- How to reach Lansdowne
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Jaipur