The RidgeCurrently Open
- Address: Ridge, The Mall, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Entertainment, Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
The Ridge - Review
Located in the heart of Shimla is the famous tourist attraction known as The Ridge. The Ridge is the hub of all cultural activities of Shimla. It is situated along the Mall Road, which is the famous shopping center of Shimla. Most major places of Shimla like Lakkar Bazaar, Mall, Scandal Point, Jakhoo hill, etc. are connected through the Ridge. The main water supply of Shimla comes from the huge water reservoir that is located in the Ridge.
The Ridge is famous for the various government functions and fairs that are held here.
The Ridge Information
- Don’t miss the summer festival celebrated in the months of April and May.
How To reach The Ridge by Public Transport
- You can get there by a Bus or a taxi.
Restaurants Near The Ridge
- A-la-carte Restaurant & Bar
- Baljees (Fascination) Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shimla before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shimla and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Ridge
95% of people who visit Shimla include The Ridge in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
26.43% of people start their The Ridge visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Ridge
87.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Ridge
The Ridge Map
The Ridge Trips
1 View14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Dharmsala, Shimla, Manali, Mcleod Ganj, Solan from MumbaiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Dharamshala, Shimla, Manali, Mcleod Ganj, Solan
The Ridge, Shimla Reviews
I have been born and brought up in Shimla and have been going to The Ridge since childhood. But every time, it feels great as always. Fresh air, no vehicles around, people walking-happy and cheerful, kids riding horses, tourists enjoying themselves. The historic Christ Church in the background adds beauty to the landscape. In winters, the snow clad Ridge looks even more mesmerizing. Perfect place to be for anyone and everyone, any time of the year.
Wide open place, just to relax the enjoy the beauty of nature. Best time is in the evening. Loved this place. Better to go there on Christmas. You will find a jackpot here.
A beautiful open space where one can just take a stroll, sit and relax. No vehicles are allowed (except emergency). Night time is the best when you have clear view of the sky. Stars are clearly visible something which is a rarity in polluted metros. Horse riding facility is available. It's a.hit with children and tourists. Couple of icecream joints esp. Softy. Beneath the ridge is underground water tank built by the Britishers. Most of the festivals like summer festival and other events like winter carnival is held here.
Stunning views and what a lovely place. Could get better though but still a great place
It's a great place to visit. View from ridge is beautiful. The view becomes even more wonderful at night.
All QuestionsThe ridge
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa