Are you looking for what to do in Shimla?
Being the centre of British regime in India, it is obvious that the city does not lack in a list of attractions for the visitors who come here. The city exudes a certain charm through its neo gothic architecture, tiny cottages, offices and parks that abound in retelling of past. Some of the best attractions are: The Ridge, Rashtrapati Niwas, Jakoo temple and Christ Church. The Anglican influence merges well with the Indian tradition and culture. For people who love to collect antique and wooden pieces, Lakkar Bazaar is the answer. Shimla also abounds in activities such as ice skating, trekking, skiing at Kufri, rafting and many more.
PLACES TO SEE
Shimla tourist attractions are varied in genre and have something for everyone. Following is the list of places to visit in Shimla:
- Heritage buildings: The Shimla city tour always lines up the heritage buildings to be the top Shimla tourist attractions. Vicegral Lodge, Christ Church, Gaiety Theatre and the Railway Board building.
- Hills: Prospect hill, summer hill and Jakhoo hill are the jewels in the city tour and a must visit.
- Museums: Important in every tour guide of Shimla are its museums. Himachal state museum, Shimla Heritage Museum and Gaiety Theatre Complex are definitely worth your time.
- Parks and Sanctuaries: Lining up as distinctive places are its Parks and Sanctuaries. Himalayan Bird Park and Shimla Water Catchment Sanctuary are must visit.
- Temples: Kali Bari temple, Jakhoo temple and Tara Devi temple.
- Others: The Ridge- The midpoint of all the buzzing activities in Shimla. Shimla holidays are incomplete without the fun at the Ridge.
THINGS TO DO
- Out of all the things to do in Shimla, Shopping is one of the tourists favorite. The Mall is the main shopping street and has restaurants, bars, and clubs and tourist facilities.
- The Gaiety Theatre has shows and musicals hosted at night.
- Footloose Disco, situated in the Ritz Cineplex building, is Shimla's only nightclub and blasts Bollywood hits well into the night on weekends.
Below we have a list of things to do in Shimla and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Shimla getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Shimla with confidence.