Shani ShinganapurCurrently Open
- Address: Shirdi town, Rahata Taluka, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India 423109
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Historical Site, Family And Kids
About Shani Shinganapur, Shirdi
Located in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, Shani Shinganapur is an important pilgrimage of Sri Shaneshwara or Lord Shanidev.
Ideal for a day-trip from Shirdi, the village is known for its spiritual values and zero crime rates. The interesting fact about this village is that there are no doors and locks for any houses, shops or even banks. According to a legend, anybody who tries to steal will be punished by the Patron deity Lord Shanidev.
The main attraction of Shani Shinganapur is the personified statue of planet Saturn known as Lord Shanidev. Theere is no temple housing the Shanidev and it is a swayambhu (naturally appeared) idol in black stone that rests on a simple platform. Puja, abhishek and other religious rituals can be performed by the devotees themselves, unlike other pilgrimage centres.
Other attractions include:
- Temple of Goddess Laxmi
- Samadhi (Tomb) of Sant Shri Udasi Baba and three unknown Samadhis
- Sri Dattatreya temple
- Idols of Ganesh, Shankar and Vishnu
Shani Shinganapur Information
- When in the temple, Remove your foot wear outside, Do not photograph without permission, Modest dressing is recommended and Maintain peace.
- Few Hotels and restaurants are available.
- Guided day-tours from Shirdi and Aurangabad are available.
Shani Shinganapur Opening and Closing Hours
- Open 24 hours
- The travel time between Shirdi and Shani Shinganapur is around 90 minutes.
How To reach Shani Shinganapur by Public Transport
- Rented car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shirdi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shirdi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Shani Shinganapur
95% of people who visit Shirdi include Shani Shinganapur in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
34.7% of people start their Shani Shinganapur visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Shani Shinganapur
94.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shani Shinganapur
Shani Shinganapur Map
Shani Shinganapur Trips
Shani Shinganapur, Shirdi Reviews
All QuestionsShani shinganapur
- Hemman Winery
- Blackbeard's Campground
- First Missionary Baptist Church Family Life Center
- First Baptist Church
- Malloy Grove Free Will Baptist Church
- No Greater Love Development Center
- National Guard Armory
- He's Able Faith & Healing Ministry
- First Missionary Baptist Chr
- E T Field-Nc71
- R E Parnell Farms
- Agape Fellowship Baptist Chr
- Snow Hill & Mt Hebrew Ame Zion
- Mount Calvary Holiness Church
- Parkton Town Hall