Karera Bird SanctuaryCurrently Open
- Address: Karera, Madhya Pradesh 473660, Shivpuri, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Karera Bird Sanctuary - Review
For the bird watchers, Karera bird sanctuary is one of the most sought after destination as it offers them a chance to spot the loved creatures. Located at a distance of around 55 km from the city of Shivpuri, this bird sanctuary is home to a lot of species of birds that constitute both migrating birds and the ones who have Shivpuri as their natural habitat. The most famous bird present over here is the Indian bustard apart from others such as spoonbill, heron, Indian robin, teal, pintail, egret and black-bellied river tern amongst 245 species of birds. Rare birds include the blackbuck and Indian gazelle as you go deep down into the sanctuary.
Karera Bird Sanctuary Information
- Prior information about the opening and closing time is essential. Binoculars and camera are essential items to enjoy a bird watching tour to Karera Bird Sanctuary.
- Wear lightweight layered clothes and comfortable shoes. A hat is a must but take it off on the rides. A jacket may be needed for night-time and may be stored in a locker.
Karera Bird Sanctuary Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Karera Bird Sanctuary by Public Transport
- By Bus station: Karera Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Shivpuri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Shivpuri and book an accommodation of your choice.