Visit Sidari - Best of Sidari
Sidari is a popular destination that beautifies Corfu’s north coast and renders it livelier to visit. Once a small fishing village, this sea side town has co-opted all the glitter of tourism in Greece today. This picturesque and stunning Greek village has been on the top list for people visiting Greece especially after the 1980s when it donned a completely new look. Sidari’s landscape looks wonderful with its soft rock erosion and several little bays that offer small swimming spaces for large crowds. These days you’ll find a huge array of bars and restaurants on its busy main strip, but you’ve also got pretty, secluded coves and lovely coastal walks, too.
Amongst its attractions are the famous Canal d'Amour (the Channel of Love), that looks resplendent with the unique geological formations. And then there is a picturesque beach that has given a whiff to Sidari’s tourism. From the small port of Sidari, tour boats depart for the isolated islands of Othoni, Mathraki and Erikoussa, known for their stunning coves and turquoise waters. In Sidari one can also see the remains of the Venetian castle and the beautiful village of Agrafi.
With its mesmerizing Greek charm, this coastal town also entices people with its Entertainment venues that range from karaoke and big screens showing football to drag acts, quizzes and bingo as well as to the obligatory restaurants, bars and clubs. Groups of friends will love the Sidari nightlife with a variety of bars and clubs in the resort, while families will be kept happy with a whole host of restaurants offering both food and entertainment.
And for those who are looking out for some quiet times here can head to Agios Yannis beach which is a tranquil sandy shore that runs into the olive groves and monastery overlooking Sidari. With less boat traffic than most beaches and a large shallow sand-bar perfect for kids, it is a great alternative to Sidari's other busy beaches.
Sidari Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Sidari tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Sidari follows UTC/GMT +2 hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency used in Sidari is Euro.
- Electricity: Electrical sockets (outlets) in Greece are one of the two European standard electrical socket types: The "Type C" Europlug and the "Type E" and Type F" Schuko. Also reported to be in use is the "Type D" Indian socket. If your appliance's plug doesn't match the shape of these sockets, you will need a travel plug adapter in order to plug in.
- Internet: A decent, reliable and fast broadband connection is accessible through the city of Sidari. You will easily find Wi-Fi connection in all the hotels.
- Language: The predominant language spoken in Sidari is Greek.
- Emergency Numbers: Police +3026610 39509, 166 for medical.
- Tipping: Like many European holiday destinations tipping is expected is expected in Greece. You should leave gratuities at hotels, restaurants, when you take a taxi and when you take a tour but don't feel under any obligation.
- Greece is a cheap country and even cheaper when you get out of the touristy Greek islands or popular destinations. Head off the beaten path and you will usually see prices drop by 30% or more.
- Greece’s inter-island ferries can get quite expensive if you are visiting a lot of them. Taking the overnight ferries can save you up to half off the normal price plus save you a night of accommodation.
- From Crete to Santorini to Corfu, the Greek islands are some of the best in the world. Soak in the sun, admire the white sand and blue-roofed houses, and just relax.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Sidari and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Sidari- Know before you go to Sidari
Facts and Stats for Sidari*
Pollution Statistics in Sidari
Know the pollution level of Sidari before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 8.33 (Very Low)
Water Pollution 25 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 33.33 (Low)
Unattended dirt and garbage 41.67 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 58.33 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 75 (High)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 8.33 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 12.5 (Very Low)
Sidari: Crime and Safety
How safe is Sidari for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Sidari.
Burglary and Theft 18.48 (Very Low)
Mugging and Robbery 16.3 (Very Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 7.95 (Very Low)
Corruption and Bribery 38.1 (Low)
Car Stealing 7.95 (Very Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 17.39 (Very Low)
Attacks 15.22 (Very Low)
Drug offense 28.57 (Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 94.57 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 86.96 (Very High)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 11.96 (Very Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 11.36 (Very Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 19.32 (Very Low)
Living in Sidari - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Sidari is 171.82 (Very High)
Safety Index 82.4 (Very High)
Climate Index 94.54 (Very High)
Pollution Index 27.87 (Low)
Traffic Commute Time Index 11.75 (Very Low)
Cost of Living Index 66.05 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 45.83 (Moderate)
Property Price to Income Ratio 9.61 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 53.62 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Sidari
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Sidari
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.28 USD
International Movie per seat 9.92 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 32.04 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 105.43 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 76.91 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Sidari Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Sidari
- Cities Near Sidari
- Agios Georgios Tourism
- Palaiokastritsa Tourism
- Dassia Tourism
- Kassiopi Tourism
- Pelekas Tourism
- Corfu Tourism
- Marathias Tourism
- Delphi Tourism
- Thessaloniki Tourism
- Top cities from Greece
- Athens Tourism
- Santorini Tourism
- Mykonos Tourism
- Chania Tourism
- Lindos Tourism
- Crete Tourism
- Rhodes Tourism
- Lesbos Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Bela-bela Tourism
- Marne-la-vallee Tourism
- Leopoldsburg Tourism