Beng Mealea55 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 40 kilometres east of Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Ticket Price: 20235 KHR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids
Beng Mealea was constructed in the 12th century under Suryavarman-II and is encased by an enormous canal measuring 1.2km by 900m, a lot of which does not exist today. This temple was originally built as a Hindu Temple, but a lot of carvings depict the Buddhist Motifs. It is amongst the most beautiful places to visit in Siem Reap. It's a standout amongst the strangest sanctuaries at Angkor, as nature has well and really run wild. Fabricated to the same floor plan as Angkor Wat, investigating this titanic of sanctuaries is Angkor's definitive Indiana Jones experience. The place is surrounded by a very dense forest and a lot of adventures can be done here; including trekking and other sports. It is a very old temple and should be properly explored when visited.
Highlights and must see includes:
- Preserved library in the northern quadrant
- Wooden Walkway to the centre
- Preah Khan temple
Beng Mealea Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Beware of pick pockets.
Beng Mealea Hours
- Please enquire before you visit
- Recommended time 11:00 AM- 4:00PM
How to Reach Beng Mealea
- By car: Take the road via the small town of Dam Dek
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Siem Reap before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siem Reap and book an accommodation of your choice.