Srah Srang310 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids
It was built in the mid-tenth century, by the stratagem of Kavindrarimathana, Buddhist clergyman of Rajendravarman II and was the chapel of Kama, God of Love. It was later changed around the year 1200 by Jayavarman VII,who likewise included the laterite arrival stage at its western side, most likely in light of the fact that the East Baray had been overpowered by silt and had started breaking down. French archaeological undertakings have discovered a necropolis near it and claim that it offers the last rays of the sun, which provides a very beautiful view.
Highlights and must see includes
- Points of view to the park of Angkor
- Beautiful landscape
- Bayon style of art
- Enormous Garuda riding a three headed serpent
- Mythical creature comprising a three-headed serpent with a stylised tail.
- The shape of the platform is a cross with serpent balustrades flanked by two lions.
Srah Srang Travel Tips
- Visit the place at the time of either sunset.
Srah Srang Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
How to Reach Srah Srang
- Hire a tuk tuk.
- Ask a local.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Siem Reap before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siem Reap and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.04% of people who visit Siem Reap include Srah Srang in their plan
28.57% of people start their Srah Srang visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Srah Srang
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Srah Srang